2016 AAA Texas 500 --- Pre-Race Thread

I'm getting the first rumbles of thunder from the southern end of the line of storms. Looks like it will be a little heavier down
here than up at the track.

I'm ready! I have already did a pre check of the tv channel and everything is working 100%... and I already tested a couple chili dogs with cheese and onion and the taste has checked out incredibly delicious.:)

I'm rocking a Ryan Blaney shirt and ain't doing a damn thing otherwise.

As far as the food, leftover pizza and leftover beer. Yessir!

I'm ready! I have already did a pre check of the tv channel and everything is working 100%... and I already tested a couple chili dogs with cheese and onion and the taste has checked out incredibly delicious.:)
You finally get the chance to watch a race and it rains!

According to Jayski, the start time has been moved up to 2:04. Me, I think it will be raining before then anyway, but we'll see.

ChuckNorris.jpg

oh no........

Dustin Long ‏@dustinlong 4m4 minutes ago
#NASCAR: Chase Elliott suffering flu-like symptoms but will start. Team will have a driver on standby today.…

Hey! Looks like the front is breaking up some to the west. TRL's still gonna get wet. :D
TRL is going to have to take one for the team today. She is going to have to pull the rain in her direction away from the track.:D

Is the Fort Worth (entire) Village located inside the track parameters or boarders? After all it is 1.5 mile track, sounds feasible.....

TRL is going to have to take one for the team today. She is going to have to pull the rain in her direction away from the track.:D
It hit with a BANG ! Lightning close by knocked out the lights and the phone line for a while. 1 inch rain in 30 minutes and still coming down.
Satellite TV is still breaking up. May have to track race online.

It hit with a BANG ! Lightning close by knocked out the lights and the phone line for a while. 1 inch rain in 30 minutes and still coming down.
Satellite TV is still breaking up. May have to track race online.
How far are you from TMS?

I am not going to lie, I am hoping it rains for awhile and makes this a night race :D

I'm in Central Texas --- just to the NW of Austin. A good 3 hour drive depending on the traffic.
So you are just a little bit away from the track :laugh:

Fun but useless fact while we are waiting out the rain, Reunion Tower, back in the 80's when there was radio station located there, my dad was a DJ for that station.

I was a little disturbed with Brad's comments about concussions. If I remember correctly, DaleJr's symptoms were not immediately apparent after the wreck at Michigan.

Yeah me too. What med school did he attend?

Geez, it's taking forever to dry this track! The rain ended over 3 hours ago.

I've always wondered why one track can dry so quickly then another track it seems like it takes an eternity. I'm talking tracks of the same size. With the banking the turns have at Texas, I don't understand what's taking so long.

Back
Top Bottom