2016 Charlotte - All-Star Race - Pre Race Thread

Just watched the 2003 Winston that one was a doozy. If y'all got a couple hours to spare during the rain delays definitely check it out on YouTube.

Ci4AJLAUoAI7Qcg.jpg

Will they run the allstar on Monday? I mean its not points race...

That is fast becoming my favorite part of the ASR weekend, its just damn exciting watching them trying to get on pit road while trying to carry the most speed possible.
Yeah it might be exciting, but I can't see placing unprotected crewmen on the road to play dodge em with the cars. They already have cars having near wrecks, brushing crewmen and so on. Increasing the speed limit I can see since sometimes it looks like they are going so slow.

^ I might have this wrong, but I seem to recall that crewmen don't go over the wall until the car is stopped. So no safety issue IMO.

This is the only race all year I regularly skip, but the aero changes might make it worth tuning in for.

we getting a competition yellow due to this?

Why are they calling it so early? Judging by the forecast, it might start to break away
NASCAR can't win. If they call it early, they get questions like this one. If they wait and then call it after several hours, people want to know why NASCAR wasted their time.

Dammit. This dude has to work tomorrow morning.

Damn, it's gonna rain all weekend, isn't it?

I don't know Lisa...weather here in Atlanta has been rain all day and into the night - clearing around noon tomorrow - and then a beautiful weekend. Of course Atlanta ain't Charlotte - but we aren't THAT far away - fingers crossed.

There is a 2% chance of rain tonight until 11pm... 15% chance from 8-2 pm.. And then basically a 50/50 throughout the rest of the day/night. I wish they would have tried to get some stuff in tonight. But these are the same people that cancel quali on Friday even though the race is on Sunday.

Wow - working on Saturday? You folks must have real jobs. Personally I "work" for the government - they couldn't get me in on a Saturday if they tried :D

(note: I did spend 20 years in the military...kinda 24/7...so I'm not embarrassed by my now easy-going approach to work)
Thank you for your service :salute:

Dale Jr was asked this question --
@DaleJr Hey Dale what do you usually watch when it's a rain delay do you watch the coverage or a movie or something else. Just wondering

His answer had me rolling on the floor ---
Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr

Sit annoyingly close to @Ives_Greg in the hauler and ask him what he's doing with every key he hits on his laptop.

Back
Top Bottom