2016 Charlotte - All-Star Race - Pre Race Thread

Got all the **** I needed to do tomorrow handled this afternoon. Looks like tomorrow will now be devoted to rain delays, left turns, and day drinking. :headbang:

I have to say....... 48 to 52 inches of rain a year is much better than desert conditions........ I much prefer lush green grass and plants...... lots of trees and no sagebrush, thistles and cactus.........
No sagebrush, thistles and cactus up in here.
Lush green grass and roses.
Keep yer floaties by the front door ;)

Dale Jr was asked this question --
@DaleJr Hey Dale what do you usually watch when it's a rain delay do you watch the coverage or a movie or something else. Just wondering

His answer had me rolling on the floor ---
Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr

Sit annoyingly close to @Ives_Greg in the hauler and ask him what he's doing with every key he hits on his laptop.

You never know what is going to happen with your kids. Heck, I was top 1% on my College entrance exam and tested at 147 on an I.Q. test - I could join Mensa tomorrow. I married a college educated girl and figured our kids would be smarter than h#ll. But alas, they were just regular old kids (adults now)...getting tattoos and following the life and times of the Kardashians.

I guess it's Okay....alas.

You never know what is going to happen with your kids. Heck, I was top 1% on my College entrance exam and tested at 147 on an I.Q. test - I could join Mensa tomorrow. I married a college educated girl and figured our kids would be smarter than h#ll. But alas, they were just regular old kids (adults now)...getting tattoos and following the life and times of the Kardashians.

I guess it's Okay....alas.
Is it okay if I'm not smart enough to understand what your comment has to do with Jr's? o_O

Yes, I am gonna be that guy, thank you rain for postponing the Showdown race and making it be ran before the ASR like years past( ducks down now)

One of the things I enjoyed was it being a double header .

Yeah it might be exciting, but I can't see placing unprotected crewmen on the road to play dodge em with the cars. They already have cars having near wrecks, brushing crewmen and so on. Increasing the speed limit I can see since sometimes it looks like they are going so slow.
Well neither can NASCAR , the pit crew has to wait for the car to come to a complete stop inside the pitbox before they can jump off the pit wall

Yes, I am gonna be that guy, thank you rain for postponing the Showdown race and making it be ran before the ASR like years past( ducks down now)

Yeah, I don't get the decision to split them up. Was it an attempt to build the Friday night audience? I never wanted to attend the ASR for a variety of reasons, but reducing the amount of racing that night is one more reason this isn't on my 'must see' list. For those attending, can I assume there was no reduction in the ticket prices when they cut the 30% of the racing?

Ci-h53jVEAEjs5j.jpg

Yes. I enjoyed the Showdown laying the rubber down for the ASR so the big boys didnt need to worry about grip. They could just go balls to the wall.

^ I might have this wrong, but I seem to recall that crewmen don't go over the wall until the car is stopped. So no safety issue IMO.
Trouble is there are others coming in while they are out. Spinning is a lot more possible, so I disagree there IS a safety issue here.

Back
Top Bottom