2016 Charlotte - All-Star Race - Pre Race Thread

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck
Work continues on the damage to Kyle Larson's car from the Sprint Showdown.

CjAOI5xWUAA7quJ.jpg

Bob PockrassVerified account‏@bobpockrass 4m4 minutes ago
Bob Pockrass Retweeted wxchristopher
fyi, potential short (should be fairly quick) storm with lightening headed toward track ...

wxchristopher‏@wxchristopher 11m11 minutes ago
@bobpockrass looking for that to get in here between 4:30 and 5:00pm. Likely a lot of lightning if you can help get that message out

Actually a great question by Denny because with the stupid new invert rule everyone will be sandbagging trying to finish 12th 2nd segment. If Jimmie or Kes randomly goes from leading to 12th we know they're playing games and I hope NASCAR doesn't allow that to happen

I don't place much credibility or value on the winner of this type of gimmick race. However, it has good entertainment potential.

Sounds like Denny was looking for a night off and wtf NASCAR?
Actually a great question by Denny because with the stupid new invert rule everyone will be sandbagging trying to finish 12th 2nd segment. If Jimmie or Kes randomly goes from leading to 12th we know they're playing games and I hope NASCAR doesn't allow that to happen
Yep, this is what he was getting at. Drivers have been hinting at the top strategy to be sandbagging for 12th.

I recall one race back in the late 90's where Jeff Gordon and Sr. looked like they were smoking the brakes trying to finish in last place of their segment.... I think Sr. outlasted him......

Why 13 laps? Lol. 30-40 would be perfect and ensure an actual race for the finish instead of clean air

There's an old military axiom: never give an order you KNOW won't be obeyed.

NASCAR should have known that if they announced the last invert position, drivers would sand-bag. If they absotively, posilutely must do an invert (which I think is a tactic best left to local short tracks, where there are larger differences in the cars in the field), they shouldn't have announced how many positions would be involved.

...Prior to the start of the 13-lap dash, a random draw will decide whether the top nine, 10 or 11 cars will enter pit road for a mandatory four-tire pit stop. The rest will stay out on older tires and lead the field to green for the final segment. Cars with four new tires will line up behind those with older tires....

From Jayski's

Reddit user said he or she just arrived at the track. Starting to rain & there is thunder

And ASR qualifying canceled , that sucks

There's an old military axiom: never give an order you KNOW won't be obeyed.

NASCAR should have known that if they announced the last invert position, drivers would sand-bag. If they absotively, posilutely must do an invert (which I think is a tactic best left to local short tracks, where there are larger differences in the cars in the field), they shouldn't have announced how many positions would be involved.
Yes, I didn't understand announcing how many spots would be inverted.

Could they have gotten a worse musical act???? Like they're not even actually ****** playing the instruments

This prerace sh!t is so ******* lame.

Whoever this "band" is is terrible. They aren't even playing their instruments. Literally awkwardly dancing with them...
That was a cat caterwalling

Back
Top Bottom