2016 Spring Summer Weather thread

The weather is supposed to get better next week. Maybe I'll finally get to go fishing. :)

I'm happy that the rain has stopped here for a couple of days. Tomorrow is family reunion, a 2 hour drive from here, and I sure didn't want to do
it in the rain.

Well...it's Spring time here in Kansas. Large hail possible on Sunday, but that's nothing compared to what they're talking for Tuesday. "Strong/long track tornadoes" is definitely not something you want to hear in a forecast, but unfortunately that's what they're talking about. Someone pointed out that Tuesday is the 25 year anniversary of the Andover, Kansas tornado. That tornado killed 17 people.

Been spring time here for a bit , summer is gonna be here any day now.

Well seasons are opposite down here but the weather is hanging in there. Been very nice of late....

image.jpg

Spring is most definitely here. Severe thunderstorm hit just after 1 AM and didn't move away until almost 3 AM. Strong wind,
small hail, just a tick over an inch of rain.
Even if the dog hadn't been antsy, I couldn't have slept through it.

However, now, bright sunshine and clear blue sky.
Survived another one.

Spring is most definitely here. Severe thunderstorm hit just after 1 AM and didn't move away until almost 3 AM. Strong wind,
small hail, just a tick over an inch of rain.
Even if the dog hadn't been antsy, I couldn't have slept through it.

However, now, bright sunshine and clear blue sky.
Survived another one.
Most of it is supposed to miss us this time. Fingers crossed.

What happened to my warm Spring? Calling Mother Nature --- make up your mind.
Woke to a stiff north wind and 56*, then a brief, cold rain storm. Damn.
Had to drag out the sweats and turn on the heat to warm the house a bit.

Particularly hated it because I had to make a 40 minute drive to see the cardiologist. He told
me that my heart was too healthy to need him --- after he looked at the echocardiogram.
Guess staying busy with lots of yard work does pay off.

What happened to my warm Spring? Calling Mother Nature --- make up your mind.
Woke to a stiff north wind and 56*, then a brief, cold rain storm. Damn.
Had to drag out the sweats and turn on the heat to warm the house a bit.

Particularly hated it because I had to make a 40 minute drive to see the cardiologist. He told
me that my heart was too healthy to need him --- after he looked at the echocardiogram.
Guess staying busy with lots of yard work does pay off.

dont forget being time out monitor here helps.... ;)
Glad you are ok TRL

We are living on borrowed time here. You guys will be sun ablazing and I'll have my raincoat on. :(

Needless to say, Dog and I are hiding in the house --- except for quick trips outside for him to pee and sniff a bit.
Thank goodness the humidity is lower and there is a good breeze.

Needless to say, Dog and I are hiding in the house --- except for quick trips outside for him to pee and sniff a bit.
Thank goodness the humidity is lower and there is a good breeze.
Red snapper season opened last weekend, just on Saturday's and Sunday's, but the weather was too bad to go. Looks like another wash out this weekend also. I wanted to try and get my freezer stocked up before it gets too hot here. :(

It's beginning to feel a lot like Summer here. With the days reaching highs in the upper 80's and soon will be creeping into the low 90's it's time to frequent the pool much more.

I have both relatives and a friend in Houston. They're all fed up with all the rain they've gotten and continue to get.

Another early morning thunderstorm. Rain, and more rain.
If you look at radar -- I'm somewhere under the yellow blob that covers central Texas.
So far this week most of it has passed just North of us but it's supposed to hit us hard tonight and all day tomorrow.

I getting tired of this rain. I thought it was April Showers bring May Flowers. Well it is May and it is just more rain showers and pretty chilly temps.

Back
Top Bottom