2016 Spring Summer Weather thread

Gods, I hate Summer so much. Why do people enjoy Summer!? My shirt is soaking and I smell like crap!

It's too damn hot to even go fishing. And has been for several weeks.

Enough is enough, It's been weeks now. Rain Rain go away. I'm soggy and moldy. AARRRGGGHHHH

I'm up in Edmonton, Alberta and I'm guessing it gets cold here......Edmonton mobility scooter I just saw at the market.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470954842.442199.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470954856.508083.jpg

Apparently the Highs going to be in the 90s all weekend long in my area, but by Tuesday it'll cool off to the mid-80s.

I hope this is a sign that Summer is coming to an end.

RAIN ! Finally some good soaking rain. Had a heavy downpour on Saturday, but it came so fast that it all ran off before soaking in.
I'd be thrilled if it kept this up all day long.

My heart goes out to those in Baton Rouge and parts of Louisiana that are flooded to the rooftops.

It's summer here again, hot and muggy.

Holy cow, rare Michigan tornado this afternoon 10 miles to the east of me. Went straight north bouncing on and off the ground. Grand Rapids area got nailed pretty good. Power outages and trees down. On a humane note, a family of squirrels were rescued from a downed tree and they are being tended to by the tree's owners. We got fairly heavy rain and not much else.

Finally quit raining --- so, cranked the big mower and got after the green stuff that masquerades as grass in the front. Not thick or tall by any means, except in the bottom of the ditch, but it looked shaggy. The back 1/2 will have to wait a while.

This is the Florida panhandle. At this time of the year It rains every damn day. I'm soggy and moldy.

latest

Here it was over 30°C (around 90°F) the whole week and it's not over yet. According to the forecast, it will stay that warm and dry at least until Tuesday.
By the way: Every school in the region around Zwickau was closed today or had a shortened schedule, exept, of course, my School.
Instead we wrote a math test today. But, surprisingly I haven't spoiled it.

How's @Johali ?
Batten down the hatches. Looks like it's about to get a little rough there. Stay safe.
Thanks bud. It'supposed to hit just East of us and it's a baby compared to what usually hits us. I hope everybody south and east of Destin stay's safe though.

Kansas and Oklahoma are no strangers to earthquakes in recent years, but today was the first time that I have actually felt one. Go figure though with it being a record tying 5.6 magnitude. It was definitely like nothing I have felt before. Woke me up at 7am and at first thought, I figured it was just a large truck passing by the highway beside me, but that wasn't the case. I just sat there on the bed in awe of what was going on. Walked into the living room afterwards and found the cat peeking out from under the couch. Apparently she's not a fan of earthquakes. :)

Kansas and Oklahoma are no strangers to earthquakes in recent years, but today was the first time that I have actually felt one. Go figure though with it being a record tying 5.6 magnitude. It was definitely like nothing I have felt before. Woke me up at 7am and at first thought, I figured it was just a large truck passing by the highway beside me, but that wasn't the case. I just sat there on the bed in awe of what was going on. Walked into the living room afterwards and found the cat peeking out from under the couch. Apparently she's not a fan of earthquakes. :)
Welcome to the club :cheers:
Earthquakes are really no big deal. It takes at least a 6 to rouse me out of bed.

The rain we've had this Summer has been crazy. We get an average of 3 inches in September and we've had roughly 6 inches within the past two days alone.

Back
Top Bottom