2016 Spring Summer Weather thread

Finally a nice day yesterday and looks to be a nice day of weather today. Just what I always wanted to do on a nice day like today, SIT IN SCHOOL. Come on June 17th.

Finally a nice day yesterday and looks to be a nice day of weather today. Just what I always wanted to do on a nice day like today, SIT IN SCHOOL. Come on June 17th.
Tomorrow is the last day of school here in the Florida Panhandle. It's a half day.

Holy crap what a night around here. Continuous lightning and thunder --- not much rain/wind.
I feel for the folks to the SE of Austin ---- they caught holy hell yesterday. Some places more than 10 inches of rain.
I had one friend who had to stay overnight with a co-worker because all the roads to her home were flooded.

That stupid weather in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado etc. needs to go away. We're leaving June the 6th heading that way on a 3 week vacation. Getting caught in a hail storm or tornado weather pulling the RV, or sitting still for that matter, isn't my idea of fun.

About to get it again. Fortunately, doesn't look to be severe --- just noisy and disturbing to the dog.
The panhandle needs all of the rain that it can get but hopefully in the south half of the state It'll settle down soon.

A terrible night last night. Not severe storms, just noisy. Calmed down about midnight. Then at 2 AM, round #2 came blowing in.
The WIND gusts were horrible --- hit right on the corner of my bedroom carrying sand/gravel/whatever and shaking the house --- until
5 AM when either it calmed down, or I finally passed out. Let Dog out at 7AM and crawled back in bed for a bit.

Just looked at forecast for the next 10 days --- storms possible EVERY DAY !

I'm afraid to check the weather for our trip. We're leaving 6/6 heading to Amarillo.

It's hot here in Ohio, not sure what the temp is. I am sitting here in a sheen of sweat. I feel the need of a shower.

All the lakes around here are full. Some are even having to open floodgates.

One lake close to San Antonio was at 3% capacity 2 years ago. It is now over topping the spillway.
That's a good thing huh?

I hope the weather straightens out before we head that way Monday morning.

It hasn't rained at my house for 3 days and looks like sunshine for the next 10 days! I'm hoping it dries out enough by Wednesday to start
getting things done outside.

Getting the brunt of Tropical Storm Colin now. Started raining yesterday afternoon and been raining nonstop since. Storm should be out of here by 10am but we're getting the downpours and the wind now.

Supposed to be in a drying pattern for the next week or so. It's been raining like this since the start of April.

It hasn't rained at my house for 3 days and looks like sunshine for the next 10 days! I'm hoping it dries out enough by Wednesday to start
getting things done outside.
Wrote this 11 days ago --- and it was spot on. Not a drop of rain and summer has come with a vengeance.
It's been mid to upper 90s here since Monday. A slight chance of rain on Sunday --- but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Since we left home twelve days ago the weather there has been hot, 90 - 96 and wet. Last week the weather in New Mexico was 38 - 41 at night and 104 - 107 during the day and no rain to speak of. The last few day's in Colorado it's been 40 - 44 at night and 80 - 84 during the day and again hardly any rain. I hope the rest of the trip goes that smooth. :D

I'd be perfectly fine if I suddenly got a job transfer up North. I'm sure it's much worse in Arizona, but for us here in Kansas, the average for June is 86 degrees but we've been around 100 for the past several days.

I'd be perfectly fine if I suddenly got a job transfer up North. I'm sure it's much worse in Arizona, but for us here in Kansas, the average for June is 86 degrees but we've been around 100 for the past several days.
I'm leaving Colorado Springs Sunday Morning on I-70 stopping at a National park near Salina for one night and then going on into Missouri and down to Arkansas. The temperature will be okay, I've got a good AC in the RV. :D

Hot as balls right now. The storefront is like a glasshouse. I feel like an insect under a magnifying glass.

Back
Top Bottom