2016 Spring Summer Weather thread

Beautiful winter's day down here in NZ

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466387758.180601.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466387774.848917.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466387791.568197.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466387803.802899.jpg

My nephew who is doing Army Training in Az sent me a pic of some lightning he saw yesterday but it reminded me of something.
Do you agree?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467074447.943443.jpg

We had a frost this morning! I know it's winter but they are pretty rare in these parts I hope its the first and last for this winter.
After the frosty start the day was beautiful. The wife and I took the dogs to the beach. If you have 2 minutes to spare here is a window into our life. :)

We had a frost this morning! I know it's winter but they are pretty rare in these parts I hope its the first and last for this winter.
After the frosty start the day was beautiful. The wife and I took the dogs to the beach. If you have 2 minutes to spare here is a window into our life. :)

That's really cool @Clutch . :cheers:

Summer has arrived with a vengeance. Looked at my weather app on the way home, 93º and 105º heat index. Dew point was something like 79º.

98 degrees with a heat index of 110 and humidity in the high 90s yesterday and to continue for the next few days. Drinking lots and lots of water.

Tonight is proof to never assume that night time means the tornado threat is gone. Storms developed about 20 miles Northeast of me, spawning a tornado that made a direct hit with the town of 2,500 that I spent the first 18 years of my life. It's night time and hard to tell the complete amount of damage, but they did say the hospital and nursing home took a direct hit. Never any reports of a large wedge tornado, but apparently there is still significant damage. The scary thing is that there wasn't any mention of any real tornado threats tonight. Definitely expected.

Tonight is proof to never assume that night time means the tornado threat is gone. Storms developed about 20 miles Northeast of me, spawning a tornado that made a direct hit with the town of 2,500 that I spent the first 18 years of my life. It's night time and hard to tell the complete amount of damage, but they did say the hospital and nursing home took a direct hit. Never any reports of a large wedge tornado, but apparently there is still significant damage. The scary thing is that there wasn't any mention of any real tornado threats tonight. Definitely expected.
Hoping for the best bud.

So far the news is good. There is damage mainly to the North side of town. It looks about EF1 or EF2, but thankfully no one was injured.

Hot sweltering muggy summer in Florida. A normal July here. Time to go boating. :D

Just had a fun filled five days visit from our son and grandson # 3 and now it is back to my Bride and me. Going for coffee and a donut then to sit on a bench at Manasota Key Beach and look out over the Gulf, drink our coffee and enjoy the donut. So far a beautiful day. Current temp at 9:12 a.m., 80 degrees.

Crazy fire broke out last night in Sand Canyon. 100+ temps, black and orange zombie apocalypse skies, ash falling out of the air :eek:

Friend of mine says she can't walk outside because of the ash falling on her house --- and she's not even close to the fire.
The ash is everywhere. I'm about 15 miles from the fire, as the crow flies. My sister is within 5 miles of the burn area, but it is headed away from her neighborhood.

The ash is everywhere. I'm about 15 miles from the fire, as the crow flies. My sister is within 5 miles of the burn area, but it is headed away from her neighborhood.
As I've already said. You and yours watch your asses and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom