2016 Watkins Glen - Cheez-It 350 at the Glen - Pre Race Thread

FRIDAY, AUG. 5:

ON TRACK
-- 10-10:55 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBCSN (Follow live)
-- 12:30-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series first practice, NBCSN (Follow live)
-- 3-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, NBCSN (Follow live)
-- 4:45 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 10:45 a.m.: Chris Buescher
-- 11:15 a.m.: Chase Elliott
-- Noon: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
-- 2:05 p.m.: Carl Edwards
-- 2:30 p.m.: Martin Truex Jr. and Joe Garone, Furniture Row Racing team president
-- 6 p.m. approx.: Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series qualifying

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 9:30 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series
-- noon: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

CpFkTaUVMAApAev.jpg:large

So far in Watkins Glen Xfinity final practice the top 6 are all Cup drivers followed by the field.

No, not getting old at all. :rolleyes:

This Sunday, Jeff Gordon will once again climb behind the wheel of the No. 88 Chevrolet SS.

This time, the car will feature a special decal to commemorate a new milestone in the driver's career.

Sunday will mark Gordon's 800th NASCAR Cup Series start. The number puts him at the top among active drivers and ninth all-time in the series.

Jeff-800-start.jpg

TIRE CODES

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Road Course Radials:

Set limits:
Sprint Cup: 4 sets for practice/qualifying and 5 sets for the race
Xfinity: 7 sets for the event

Tire Code: D-4648 (same on all four tire positions)

Tire Circumference: 88.15 in. (2,239 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 26 psi Right Front -- 24 psi
Left Rear -- 21 psi Right Rear -- 21 psi

Notes: Teams in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series will run the same Goodyear tire code (D-4648) on all four tire positions at Watkins Glen . . . due to the track repave, this is the first time these teams have run this tire code (D-4648) at The Glen . . . this is a short track tire from Goodyear's current tire lineup, which Xfinity teams currently run on the right-side at Iowa . . . compared to what was run at Watkins Glen last year, this tire features a slightly tougher compound for heat resistance, which is of prime concern on all repaved tracks . . . this tire was the unanimous selection of the drivers participating in the Goodyear test at The Glen held on May 10-11 . . . drivers participating in that test were Trevor Bayne, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne and Joey Logano. . . . it was also confirmed at a two-day NASCAR organizational test at the track last week . . . as on all NASCAR road courses, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at Watkins Glen.

Wet Weather Tires: Goodyear will also bring its wet weather radials (D-4215) to Watkins Glen for use by both Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series teams, should NASCAR decide that conditions warrant . . . Sprint Cup teams did not have to use the wet weather tires earlier this season at Sonoma . . . Xfinity teams last ran this wet weather tire code at Road America in 2014.

Seeing Jeff Gordon tool around that WGI course in 20th position in practice has me really wondering about that car. Sure, the guy has been out of the car for a little while but no longer than these others at a road course. Car? Driver? Both?

Truex is half a second up on the field on his fastest lap.

That better mean he's in qualifying trim...

The Dish bill is about $160 which is far cheaper than the damn cell bill and far more entertaining. The additional receivers run $7/piece/month.
That's top tier and all the sports packages, I assume. My 250 tier with nothing else and three receivers runs around $100 / $110.

That's top tier and all the sports packages, I assume. My 250 tier with nothing else and three receivers runs around $100 / $110.
I attached the breakdown to this post.

You're getting a better deal than me then, that's for sure. Yes, I subscribe to the additional sports packages. I'm a lucky guy..... my wife loves sports every bit as much as I do. While I mentioned earlier about the Hopper 3 and Joey's I also have two VIP receivers that are on the account. I use them for rv'ing and for @ camp. I don't like missing races.

Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom