2017 Baseball Playoffs

Springer gets a bonehead award for that one.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

This game is busted open.

You sense the fun is over.

I want to say the Astros have blown this one open now but with the way things have gone so far...

Did the site went offline for you guys for a few minutes too?

Hmm. I love baseball, and this is a wild crazy game. But it is being well documented that the players know the balls have been altered for the World Series, and this home run derby stuff becomes overkill after a while.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...eportedly-claim-world-series-ball-is-slicker/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/sports/baseball/slick-baseballs-world-series.html

Did they really need to do this after another record home run regular season?
I feel like this is something that could pretty easily be verified if an independent party tore down/tested the different balls. I doubt MLB wants that though.

The offensive explosion has definitely been weird.

I feel like this is something that could pretty easily be verified if an independent party tore down/tested the different balls. I doubt MLB wants that though.

The offensive explosion has definitely been weird.
Pitchers say the ball is different, I woudn't put it past MLB to juice the balls like they do in the Home Run Derby.

This ump has been a little iffy on the part of the Dodgers.

I'm rooting against the Dodgers but the umpire's low-and-away strike calls are growing more absurd.

Things are getting good.

I need another tie. I really want this in extras.

It could be tested, but I'm not sure how conclusively, because many excuses could be made,especially since the current speculation has to do with the surface of the balls and not their internal structure. I'm positive that MLB wants no part of opening themselves up to that. I'll trust the widespread impressions of the players and coaches talking about it until there is compelling evidence otherwise.

I remember being the killjoy in 1998 and 2001 as individual HR records were being comically destroyed and I just wasn't into it, because it couldn't have been more obvious what was happening. 95% of the population lapped that up and MLB enjoyed huge renewed popularity until the narrative flipped 180 degrees and suddenly it was the worst injustice ever that baseball's sacred records had been tainted.

Alright, **** it. I'm jumping on the Gnome bandwagon and call this a hacked ball.

This is the most insane baseball game ever, let alone game 5 of the WS.

Really hoping the doyers win it.

Back
Top Bottom