2017 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

Love that the drivers do these stops every year before the 500. Brad was here with my Lightning 2 years ago. Jeff did the Trike race in D.C., just fun stuff. Truex was on the ice during the National Anthem as well.

Screenshot_20170207-181425.jpg

The final segment won't be eighty green flag laps. There will be at least one caution, legit or otherwise.

After all, it's the great american chess match.

Wow………………..

Chase, taking over the iconic 24 for Jeff, on the Daytona 500 pole in his first Great American Race.

Imagine that.

Wow………………..

Chase, taking over the iconic 24 for Jeff, on the Daytona 500 pole in his first Great American Race.

Imagine that.
Don't be surprised if that 24 team snags that pole again this year. Conspiracy be damned, they've won 5 of the last 8 plate poles and one of those three ('15 Coke Zero) they didn't even get an attempt at due to rain.

So..... getting back to the stage lengths for this race..... I didn't hear, is the race official at halfway or at the end of the 2nd stage? Anyone?

I thought I remembered hearing them say it was still halfway. But who knows anymore.
And I remember hearing at the end of stage two, but maybe that only applies when stage 2 ends at 50%. Except in months ending with '-Y' or '-BER'

If there's any chance of rain at all, you can rest assure Fox will tell us repeatedly.

Found it!

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/02...aytona/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

"When NASCAR announced its enhancements, series officials stated that races would be official at the end of the second stage. Previously races were official after reaching halfway.

Now, the Daytona 500 won’t be considered official until after Lap 120 — which is 60 percent of the race. The Xfinity race will be official after 60 of 120 laps — 50 percent of the race. The Truck race will be official after 40 of 100 laps — 40 percent of the race."

That bolded portion = 2 thumbs down. That just seems so unfair to the paying fan.

The Truck race will be official after 40 of 100 laps — 40 percent of the race."

That bolded portion = 2 thumbs down. That just seems so unfair to the paying fan.
Nascar doesnt listen to nor care about the fan base.

Back
Top Bottom