2017 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

Well I know it's only Monday, but the weather does not look promising for Saturday. Everything could possibly get washed out.

Yep, early yet. That's Florida though..... Doesn't it rain often down they're this time of the year?
The last 3 years or so we've had pretty tame "winters" in terms of storms. It's been like a once every 2 week deal (if that) here lately in Tampa.

C4k1B1tWAAAXr5I.jpg:large

From Jayski

Chicagoland special offer for fans if Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins Daytona 500:
Chicagoland Speedway announced the release of all remaining inventory following the renewal period for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series weekend Sept. 14-17, 2017. All ticket levels and premium experiences are on sale now including Infield Fan Zone Pit Passes, Green Flag Garage and Legends Club. Not only are tickets now available for purchase, Chicagoland Speedway is presenting a limited-time offer where fans could enjoy a full refund. With this offer, fans who purchase a single-day NASCAR Cup Series ticket between now and the Daytona 500 will receive a complete refund following the race if #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. earns the victory. Eligibility for "Winning with Dale" is limited to single-day Chicagoland Speedway NASCAR Cup Series purchasers in all sections of the grandstands by using offer code: 17DALE500 when logging onto chicagolandspeedway.com/dalejr500.(Chicagoland Speedway)(2-14-2017)

Courtney Force named Honorary Pace Car Driver for Daytona Clash

indycar-st-pete-2016-courtney-force-wife-of-graham-rahal.jpg

NHRA star Courtney Force, daughter of 16-time champion John Force, will serve as the Honorary Pace Car Driver for NASCAR's season-opening Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona International Speedway.

The annual exhibition race, which will take place this Saturday night, is made up of select Cup drivers who meet a certain criteria. The Clash has been around since 1979 and will feature 2016 pole winners, former Clash winner, former Daytona 500 pole winners and 2016 playoff drivers.

Force is the winningest female Funny Car driver in the history of the NHRA with eight career victories. She's also finished inside the top ten in points in five of her six seasons. Along with being the daughter of John Force, Courtney is also the wife of IndyCar star Graham Rahal.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...ary-pace-car-driver-for-daytona-clash-873762/

I really hadn't thought about it before, but I was thinking that the new rules was just for the 500.

If anybody has ran across any photos of Kenseth's Interstate batteries car for the Clash please post them. Curious to see what scheme they went with.

Even though I was not a #3 fan (being a Elliott fan) that was really cool
seeing him high 5 the entire pit lane after the race. One of my favorite tv
race memories .

My off season withdrawls are now progressing from shakes
to foam in the corners of my mouth. Ugggghhh.

Even though I was not a #3 fan (being a Elliott fan) that was really cool
seeing him high 5 the entire pit lane after the race. One of my favorite tv
race memories .

My off season withdrawls are now progressing from shakes
to foam in the corners of my mouth. Ugggghhh.
Tilt your glass at a 45 degree angle when pouring your beer. Less foam. ;)

Cars on the track in 2 days!

NASCAR folks trying to get to Daytona delayed by ‘deer strike’

Most of the teams in NASCAR’s three national touring series are based in Charlotte and while the majority of those teams have their own aircraft, a lot of NASCAR people still fly commercially.

But those trying to fly from Charlotte-Douglas International Airport to Daytona or Orlando or Jacksonville Wednesday got a rude surprise: Flights out of Charlotte-Douglas were briefly halted because of an accident involving an airplane taking off and striking a deer on the runway.

The good news is, the plane was able to land safely without incident.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...-strike-021517?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

3 days????? I have not been paying much attention to be honest with you. It's not that I am not excited to see cars on track, I've just had so much going on in real life.

I did get my Directv going today, on my new tv. I'll have to check, but I think I get the channels so I can finally watch Nascar races on tv. :)

Yeah, I was just saying while you're paying a little extra in that area for the 500, it's not even on the radar in comparison to the other 2 when you consider that other expense.

I'd pay a few hundred dollars extra for a hotel versus paying thousands more for a ticket any day.
The point is that most fans won't. I wouldn't pay that for a hotel anywhere, regardless of the event. This is why I usually stay 60-90 minutes away where I'm not going to get gouged as much or at all. But if I can't afford a room within a reasonable distance, then there's no point in getting an event ticket in the first place.

The point is that most fans won't. I wouldn't pay that for a hotel anywhere, regardless of the event. This is why I usually stay 60-90 minutes away where I'm not going to get gouged as much or at all. But if I can't afford a room within a reasonable distance, then there's no point in getting an event ticket in the first place.
If I had to pay 500 bucks for a motel room, I couldn't even enjoy the race for thinking how stupid that was and how long I would have to work just to pay for a room that I would be in for maybe 8 hours. There's nothing I hate worse than being gouged....... 500 dollars is totally despicable....

Oh I agree. And I do the same thing usually. I was able however to get a nice room 20 mins from AMS for $135/night in a few weeks. So there are the exceptions when it comes to certain tracks I guess.

Daytona knows that people make this week their vacation. And a lot of the people that are at this race are not from FL, so they'll have no choice but to pay the price. It's definitely unfair but it's simple supply and demand.

Back
Top Bottom