2017 Indy 500

Alonso at Indy now to test. Live on youtube Indy.

Alonso looks anxious as he gets ready to take his first laps at Indy.
This is really cool.
Just saw the posts at Indy Stuff. I will comment there.

Last edited:
05-14-Indy500-Entry-List-Scenic.jpg

Indianapolis.jpg

Entry list (33 entrants)

224 in practice, that's not bad, will anyone crack 231 in qualifying? YeeHaa it's Indy time!!:headbang::partytime:pbjtime:
Honda is sandbagging for reliability, IMO, and Chevy should be rolling out new engines later in the week. Can't wait for them to turn up the boost on Friday.

Yes we do have a good rookie class:
Jones
Harvey
Veach
Alonso

I like them all. I remember a couple years ago at Barber this (what I thought)
14 year old kid came a little late and sat down for the autograph
session. It was non other than 20 year old Z. Veach. I could not
believe it. He was a really cool guy. I will be rooting for all the Rookies.

For some reason I would like to see Carpenter get an Indy win. That guy has done a lot for the sport
and is due for a reward. I will also be pulling for Graham Rahal.

I've been a Penske fan since the 1960's, and I'd like to see The Captain win the Indy 500 again. This causes conflicting emotions for me...

I like Helio Castroneves, but not enough to see him with four Borg-Warner trophies. He just does not belong in the A.J.Foyt Club along with Al Unser and Rick Mears.

Never been able to take Juan Pablo Montoya, who has a distasteful habit of badmouthing every racing series as he heads out the door. Two is more than enough for him. He does not deserve to stand alongside Helio and others with three Borg-Warners.

When I "dislike" a driver, I always have specific reasons for that emotion, not always dealing with on-track performance. To me, like or dislike is sometimes different from respect or disrespect for how a guy drives. Except for Will Power. I sorta don't like the guy, but I cannot offer any reason why. That is weird, but that's the way it is.

So I'll be rooting for Simon Pagenaud and Josef Newgarden. Unless Helio changes my mind.

Also rooting for Fernando Alonso, Sebastien Bourdais, Ed Carpenter, and J.R. Hildebrand. And massive respect for Chip Ganassi and his main man Scott Dixon. Looks like I have a lot of arrows in my quiver for this Indy 500, LOL.

For some reason I would like to see Carpenter get an Indy win. That guy has done a lot for the sport and is due for a reward.

Completely agree. then he can retire and run the speedway. I also like it he almost always puts an American in the car, which is what I think the sport needs more of.
ll also be pulling for Graham Rahal.

Sometimes I like graham and sometimes I don't. He's still an American so I'de be ok with him winning. I'm also really glad to see the Streak and Shake car back.

I've been a Penske fan since the 1960's, and I'd like to see The Captain win the Indy 500 again. This causes conflicting emotions for me...

True story: http://docaustinsfreakshow.blogspot.com/2016/08/watching-motorports-history-unfold.html

I like Helio Castroneves, but not enough to see him with four Borg-Warner trophies. ...

I'm betting if Helio wins he's out of there and into Roger's IMSA car with JPM. then we can get two good Americans in the cars.

He just does not belong in the A.J.Foyt Club along with Al Unser and Rick Mears....

He's tied with Mears for Indycar wins and one more 500 would put him in front. I think that's pretty worthy.

Never been able to take Juan Pablo Montoya, who has a distasteful habit of badmouthing every racing series as he heads out the door.

During the height of the all the intra series trash talk he and Villeneuve (another blowhard) ripped the 500 to shreds in the media. I was sorry to see JPM ever get a second win. Oddly, there are other times I like him.

Also rooting for Fernando Alonso, Sebastien Bourdais, Ed Carpenter, and J.R. Hildebrand.

If Fred runs well I can almost see him moving over here, and that would be epic like the Mansell years.

I also don't believe anyone has come closer to winning and then lose it like JR did, so there would be a little justice in seeing him win.

I still feel bad for JR back in (I think 2010 )when he bounced off the wall
leading with only a few laps to go. That was cruel and unusual punishment for what? I don't know.
So I am putting him on my root for list.

I still feel bad for JR back in (I think 2010 )when he bounced off the wall
leading with only a few laps to go. That was cruel and unusual punishment for what? I don't know.
So I am putting him on my root for list.
2011 was when JR hit the wall coming out of turn 4 on the final lap. I can't think of a worse way that I've ever seen someone lose a race.

2011 was when JR hit the wall coming out of turn 4 on the final lap. I can't think of a worse way that I've ever seen someone lose a race.
I still don't understand why Charlie Kimball was 50+ MPH off the pace and not in the warmup lane, and I probably never will.

Kimball gonna Kimball.

Is there anyone left that Kimball hasn't wrecked?

Last year after one race, I believe, Toronto, Montoya says "Ask anyone in the paddock. No one likes to race with Charlie. No one. That's just a fact."

So, he's essentially............ "Wreckin' ball Kimball."

Last year after one race, I believe, Toronto, Montoya says "Ask anyone in the paddock. No one likes to race with Charlie. No one. That's just a fact."

Charlie "Killin'/Killer" Kimball

A few years back Newgarden and Justin Wilson did an AMA on reddit and both agreed that Charlie was the biggest pain in the ass to race against. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:

Back
Top Bottom