2017 Indy - Brantley Gilbert Big Machine Brickyard 400 - Pre Race Thread

Interesting schedule this weekend. Hmmmm. Thankful that it is not an impound race. Hate those. Gonna be interesting. From a technical standpoint, this is one of my favorite races of the year.

Damn NASCAR! Don't they know it always rains in Indiana in July? :mad:

DFMITGpXUAMxZl1.jpg:large

This is a big race for DP. @Mr Excitement and I were talking that this race has a lot of eyeballs on it, yeah its not the mystic it once was but still. With her steady improvement a top 5 or WIN (dare I hope) would do wonders.

Interesting schedule this weekend. Hmmmm. Thankful that it is not an impound race. Hate those. Gonna be interesting. From a technical standpoint, this is one of my favorite races of the year.
after seeing the Xfinity car with these huge holes in the front and the air is supposed to exit the fenderwells. My first thought was these things are going to lift off so they hooked me.

This is a big race for DP. @Mr Excitement and I were talking that this race has a lot of eyeballs on it, yeah its not the mystic it once was but still. With her steady improvement a top 5 or WIN (dare I hope) would do wonders.
That would do wonders for her and this event/venue. No doubt her win would transcend all media.

That would do wonders for her and this event/venue. No doubt her win would transcend all media.

I mean for her, she talks ALOT about 2005 in indycar.... not saving fuel...maybe winning.....I wonder what she would do in victory lane....

This sounds interesting.

From the tests they did they said the aero ducts increased the HP differential of the trailing car by ~ 25%. With the other stuff they changed before that they were running closer together but stalling out about a car length behind the leading car.

See, Dodge IS returning to NASCAR!!!
The story on the Zombie Dodge's are that they are using them for short tracks and road races because of lousy aero characteristics. I guess Carl figured if he had to cut something up, use an old Dodge.

Indy is the perfect race to turn into a Roval. Move the race to August right before kids start showing up to college, and it could be a new hit. Or you could always do the right thing and fix the cars, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Friday, July 21
ON TRACK: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
1-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
3-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
11:30 a.m., Wayne Auton, Managing Director, NASCAR XFINITY Series
Noon: Joey Gase
12:15 p.m.: Dakoda Armstrong, William Byron and Ryan Reed
2:30 p.m.: Kyle Busch

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
2:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series

Indy used to be my favorite track. If the competition is close, it could still be my favorite track. But the aero cars of today are so predictable. The lead car will "check out" and the field will get sprawled out. The race wont be on the track, its in the pits and restarts. Probably the only track where stages will help close up the field but only for a lap or 2. I wish I could say something positive about Indy, but over quite a few years, it doesnt excite anymore. For the fans in attendance, its like watching a road track race because you can only see a straight away or a corner. But still, if competition returns and close racing comes back, i'd love to go to Indy and sit in turn 1. The weather is on par for Indy, mid nineties and very sticky with heavy thunderstorms possible. I'd love to rate this years race at a 10. We'll see...........

Can't wait to see them try to side draft and get blown off the track:p. This worked for a 3 car tryout. With a pack, it is going to be like driving in a tornado.:D

Back
Top Bottom