2017 Loudon - ISM Connect 300 - Pre Race Thread

DKWDUUtVAAA-faL.jpg:large

Has it always been a thing where drivers don't get as much qualifying time due to inspection? Seems kinda silly to me that some drivers are able to qualify while others are still sitting in line for inspection.

I'm trying to give this group qualifying thing a chance again today. When they first announced this, I thought I'd like it. I was wrong.

Have they went and screwed up qualifying now ? I was under the impression they had done that a few years back

Surprised no mention of JR's very candid comments regarding cheating and fender shredding post race burnouts. He put NASCAR on full blast.

I don't understand some of the hate on the TrackBite. IMO these cars are the best NASCAR has ever had; look badass, maintain speed well thru corners, and have had quite a downforce reduction.

Not every track can be super exciting, but if there's something that can give you more passing and multiple grooves why not use it? Dirt tracks do this all the time by watering certain parts of the track to create more grip. Eldora almost always does on the wall on both the apron and wall to get absolutely crazy passes

5 minutes of thread-worthy goodness.

Brian, Helton, and O'Donnell are backing up the Brinks truck full of hush money to JR's doorstep as we speak.
I kind of agree with him on that, but Burton made a good point to counter what Jr said.

I am not sure how long Jr. will last in NASCAR broadcasting.He questions a lot of the decisions NASCAR makes.He doesn't seem to be the typical NASCAR cheerleader broadcaster like the vast majority.

I think the burnouts have gotten out of hand and should be done away with because of the expensive damage it does to the cars, never mind whether it masks cheating. If I were a team owner, I'd put a stop to it just for financial reasons. Somehow auto racing got through it's first 100 years or so without the burnouts, I'm not sure we we need them now.

250 Lap modified race next year for the fall!!!!!!!! :)
:):headbang::headbang::headbang::beerbang::AHHHH::wub:

http://racedayct.com/2017/09/whelen...t-track-extravaganza-weekend-in-2018-at-nhms/

The Whelen Modified Tour will anchor a short track series weekend next September 21-22 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway with a 250-lap event......The weekend will also include the K&N Pro Series East in a special global showdown that will also welcome the top drivers from the Peak Mexico Series and Whelen Euro Series. The track will also welcome the NASCAR Pinty’s Series for that division’s first race outside of Canada.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
ON TRACK: NEW HAMPSHIRE

9-9:55 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, CNBC (Follow live) (Canada: TSN GO)
10:05 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live) (Canada: TSN GO)
1 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 175 (175 laps, 185.15 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
3 p.m.: Post-NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race

ON TRACK: KENTUCKY
5:35 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN GO)
8 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN 2)

I think the burnouts have gotten out of hand and should be done away with because of the expensive damage it does to the cars, never mind whether it masks cheating. If I were a team owner, I'd put a stop to it just for financial reasons. Somehow auto racing got through it's first 100 years or so without the burnouts, I'm not sure we we need them now.

I agree 100%.

And I find it hard to believe that anyone over the age of about 12 really finds burn-outs by race winners to be exciting and something to look forward to.

increasing fines for each failure to make it thru inspection for three times..fourth time you fail? take your **** and go to the house.

I am not sure how long Jr. will last in NASCAR broadcasting.He questions a lot of the decisions NASCAR makes.He doesn't seem to be the typical NASCAR cheerleader broadcaster like the vast majority.
He probably won't mention "playoffs" in every sentence either.

Nascar now puts drivers in "time out" for inspection issues? What's next? Making drivers stay after the race in "detention"?

At least a dozen Cup Series teams are doing work on right rear corner after NASCAR said they were not fitting templates in inspection.

upload_2017-9-23_14-50-26.png

Back
Top Bottom