2017 Loudon - ISM Connect 300 - Pre Race Thread

And based only on the photos, they're all Fords and Chevys.

Just my contribution to stirring up the pot. :D
I didn't want to say that..he he but I wanted to say The Yotas don't have to do that, they already have it done and approved..so that makes it legal. *cough* Elliott with all his changes got beat by 7 seconds. Sure hope it isn't a snore a thon tomorrow.

Crazy how he actually answers questions when asked, unlike others. I guess you'll have that once and a while. :idunno:

Burnouts are getting such bad press these days but the sport of drifting draws big crowds of young folks. I know a guy that drifts ......... burns up 12 sets of tires in one day. Maybe Nascar is doing a poor job of inspecting cars before races ..... maybe thats an issue that needs attention.

I think the burnouts have gotten out of hand and should be done away with because of the expensive damage it does to the cars, never mind whether it masks cheating. If I were a team owner, I'd put a stop to it just for financial reasons. Somehow auto racing got through it's first 100 years or so without the burnouts, I'm not sure we we need them now.
Boy 'o Boy!!!!!!!!!! You said a mouthful there!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Note: All times are ET

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
PRE-RACE SCHEDULE

12:00:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Driver/Crew Chief Meeting (NCWTS Garage)
1:30:00 p.m.: Driver Introductions
1:58:45 p.m.: Canadian Anthem by: Janet Poission, Boston Conservatory Graduate
2:00:00 p.m.: Moment of Silence
2:00:45 p.m.: Presentation of Colors: New Hampshire Air Guard and Active Duty Air Force
2:01:05 p.m.: Invocation: Pastor Joshua Johnson
2:01:35 p.m.: National Anthem by: Marine Corps Veteran, “The Singing Trooper,” Daniel. M. Clark
2:03:05 p.m.: Flyover TOT by: 2 F-15C Eagles from the 104th Fighter Wing, Barnes Air National Guard Base -Westfield, Massachusetts
2:08:05 p.m.: “Drivers, Start Your Engines” by: Marc Del Vecchio, Chief Technology Officer, ISM Connect
2:15:35 p.m.: Green Flag ISM Connect 300 – (300 laps, 317.4 miles)

ON TRACK: NEW HAMPSHIRE
2 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series ISM Connect 300 (300 laps, 317.4 miles), NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN 5)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
5 p.m.: Post-Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race

DKfE2LaWsAEmlrR.jpg:large

Look for Newman to be a bull in this one and if Blaney, Larson or Harvick can outrun the Toyotas.

Kahne traditionally runs well at NH...he may very well be a factor.

Should be a good one :)

Burnouts are getting such bad press these days but the sport of drifting draws big crowds of young folks. I know a guy that drifts ......... burns up 12 sets of tires in one day. Maybe Nascar is doing a poor job of inspecting cars before races ..... maybe thats an issue that needs attention.

I watched drifting on TV once for about ten minutes. Absolutely pointless. No surprise the youngsters latch onto it.

Crazy how he actually answers questions when asked, unlike others. I guess you'll have that once and a while. :idunno:

Be crazy to see if he would walk his own talk, but it isn't looking good. I'm not sure his comments are good for the sport, but I'm not going to wait to see if NASCAR fines him. Still hot in hell, and freezing over isn't likely.

I prefer Loudan over any of the 1.5 mile elimination tracks (Homestead the exception).
Love the flat tracks with little banking.

I watched drifting on TV once for about ten minutes. Absolutely pointless. No surprise the youngsters latch onto it.
I wouldn't call it pointless, but it's another activity that's judged like gymnastics, diving, or freestyle skiing. Sorry, I can't tell what criteria the judges use to determine their scores. I won't watch an event that doesn't have a objective scoring system.

I wouldn't call it pointless, but it's another activity that's judged like gymnastics, diving, or freestyle skiing. Sorry, I can't tell what criteria the judges use to determine their scores. I won't watch an event that doesn't have a objective scoring system.

They judge on pitch of corner entry, speed, and style(how close to walls, etc). There are two runs, each driver gets a chance to be the lead car. If the lead car can stretch the distance out without just rolling a corner, they usually win the round. If the Chase car can stay right underneath the lead car the whole time, it ups their chance of winning the round. It seems complicated but it's pretty simple.

I don't care much for drifting but if you think about what they're doing(controlled slides at 110mph in 1000 hp vehicles), it is actually pretty awesome.

They judge on pitch of corner entry, speed, and style(how close to walls, etc). There are two runs, each driver gets a chance to be the lead car. If the lead car can stretch the distance out without just rolling a corner, they usually win the round. If the Chase car can stay right underneath the lead car the whole time, it ups their chance of winning the round. It seems complicated but it's pretty simple.

I don't care much for drifting but if you think about what they're doing(controlled slides at 110mph in 1000 hp vehicles), it is actually pretty awesome.
The key word is 'judge'.

BREAKING: NASCAR has informed teams that crew members are not to go over the wall after the race until given permission.

NASCAR will park the playoffs drivers against the pit road wall. This comes less than a week after Chase Elliott's finish was encumbered after finding they modified the aerodynamics in the car.

Back
Top Bottom