2017 Michigan - Pure Michigan 400 - Pre Race Thread

Funny how the 42 has declined since he got hosed by NASCAR. Maybe their was more happening than a loose hose.
Finished 2nd at Loudon and with 10 more laps would have won. Was running 3rd at Pocono and had driven by the 78 before breaking a drive shaft. Larson is not a great road course driver which is why he finished poorly at the Glen, but he did qualify second. Got wrecked at Indy late just like everyone else. Hard to pass too much judgement yet.

Love knockout qualifying, never used to watch the single car runs and still don't when they do them now.

So the 2 and 22 are back!
shocked.gif

Not sure I am shocked its a Penske front row.

Knockout qualifying is ******* retarded. Blaney is the fastest car the whole weekend. Bobbles one corner in round 3, starts 12th. Just stupid.
You are aware that he could of bobbled during during single car qualifying , least with knockout he has a chance to go back out there and recover, cant do that with single car qualifying, so.....

Knockout qualifying is ******* retarded. Blaney is the fastest car the whole weekend. Bobbles one corner in round 3, starts 12th. Just stupid.
car is still fast though, just because he messed up one corner in qualifying doesn't mean a whole lot in the scheme of things. He has speed is the big deal.

Pretty fishy for the Toyota's to be in qualifying trim the whole practice also. It was like testing a whole new car for speed IMO. I think they are using a type of spring steel similar to leaf springs for their truck arms. Hard to test without a NDT lab, and the arms would probably be destroyed in the process. We'll see if they aren't cutting in the corners at Michigan. They still have a whole lot of down force with their front end over the others.

I think Kenseth is going to break his long non-winning streak this week. He's been much improved of late and finished best among the toyota's in qualifying (starting 4th). He also needs the win to lock down a playoff spot and just to show people he's still a force at the grand old age of 45.

Current qualifying is about 100 times more enjoyable to watch than the previous format.
I agree, at first, I was that old school fan, hate changes , stuck my head in the sand, but now, I think its a lot more entertaining to watch, one of the few changes NASCAR has made that I like.

Back
Top Bottom