2017 NASCAR Season - Television Ratings Thread

What Adam Stern says may be factually correct it but he has either had his words taken out of context or is deliberately being deceptive. It is obvious that Nascar received a huge boost to its audience due to its programming invading the prime time hours so the numbers should be thrown out like you would do if race stoppages caused the race to be rated artificially low. Mr. Stern, like some others, wants to cherry pick numbers that suit his agenda but the people that matter are not fooled one iota.

That number beating the Indy 500 with Alonso? Something does not smell right , it may be a little.........:bsflag:

What Adam Stern says may be factually correct it but he has either had his words taken out of context or is deliberately being deceptive. It is obvious that Nascar received a huge boost to its audience due to its programming invading the prime time hours so the numbers should be thrown out like you would do if race stoppages caused the race to be rated artificially low. Mr. Stern, like some others, wants to cherry pick numbers that suit his agenda but the people that matter are not fooled one iota.
Adam Stern is using deception to advance his agenda of concealing Nascar's TV ratings problem? He's cherry picking this week's data but "the people that matter are not fooled one iota?" Ha ha ha. Why is it that every item of good news about Nascar needs to be denied and disparaged, while every bad news item is repeated over and over again, ad nauseam? There certainly seems to be an agenda at work here, but not by Adam Stern.

That number beating the Indy 500 with Alonso? Something does not smell right , it may be a little.........:bsflag:
I mean, I don't agree with her tone, but maybe Jenna Fryer was right after all? :idunno:

Why is it that every item of good news about Nascar needs to be denied and disparaged, while every bad news item is repeated over and over again, ad nauseam? There certainly seems to be an agenda at work here, but not by Adam Stern.
Day in and day out by the same poster. Yadda bad nascar Yadda bad ratings yadda bad race yadda everybody's lying but me yadda yadda yadda. But he's entitled to his opinion. :D

every day keeps the herd strong though when you have jackals taking out the weaker ones. Scavengers do have a purpose.
upload_2017-7-26_11-45-26.gif

I mean, I don't agree with her tone, but maybe Jenna Fryer was right after all? :idunno:
I don't think anyone thought Alonso would turn back the clock to the days of CART or anything. At least from the cable ratings, on the same networks as F1, since his appearance I do think some of the F1 fan base has begun to take a liking to IndyCar, even if only marginally. And it remains to be seen what the vastly increased international exposure does long-term for the series.

That, and some of her alternatives were ridiculous. What would either of the Taylor brothers bring to the table besides being American?

Who cares if he's spinning it a positive way? Seems to be these days NASCAR fans get turned away by the downfall of the sport.

For sure as it was a very good weekend for NASCAR. They should get as many races into prime time as possible as it really helps
It would've been a hit regardless...probably even better without the rain delay time suck. This past weekend will beget a long string of races with viewership upticks.

I hope they don't think there is any correlation between talking even faster and higher ratings. We are in for it if they do. Goody's headache powder needs to come back.

upload_2017-7-31_10-35-13.jpeg

In order to keep the good news coming that so many crave I am guessing that viewership doubled over last year's rain delayed event which is fantastic. Compared to the 2015 date it the numbers are down circa 25% or about a million viewers but is that really so bad?

Paging my friend @Skoalbandit33 - as predicted...another big weekend for NASCAR!

All this great news has me verklempt. Over double the viewers from last year's rain delayed cup race and only a measly drop off in viewership of 14% from 2015. Back in 2010 6.3 million watched the second Pocono date compared to this year's 3.7 but losses of 42% are not that bad as I am sure there have been sports games that have fared much worse. I haven't found any yet but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

NASCAR loses out to the Game of Thrones. Then again, who doesn't? Beats everything else though.

http://www.tv-recaps-reviews.com/2017/08/sunday-cable-ratings-july-30.html
I'm not into these shows. The last time I subscribed to HBO was when Tom Hanks had that amazing series: "From the Earth to the Moon" back in the 90s. I loved it so much, I actually bought it and occasionally put it in when I'm bored. That and The Sopranos started this whole trend in pay TV.

I'm not into these shows. The last time I subscribed to HBO was when Tom Hanks had that amazing series: "From the Earth to the Moon" back in the 90s. I loved it so much, I actually bought it and occasionally put it in when I'm bored. That and The Sopranos started this whole trend in pay TV.
You Know Nothing, Jon Snow! ;)

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-7-30-2017.html

Over 65% of the audience (2.4 million viewers) for the Pocono race was over 50 years old and 22% of the audience (835K viewers were between 18-49). Is this a good thing, bad thing or benign thing?

One theory I have regarding the demographics of Nascar is similar to what happens when a kid loses a tooth and puts it under a pillow at night. It seems the Tooth Fairy may be pulling double duty and when someone from the USA turns 50 the Nascar Fan Fairy sprinkles magic dust on them while they are sleeping turning them into Nascar fans. How cool is that?

An older audience is a better audience as those folks have more discretionary income and time plus they are open to new things and are not set in their ways.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-7-30-2017.html

Over 65% of the audience (2.4 million viewers) for the Pocono race was over 50 years old and 22% of the audience (835K viewers were between 18-49). Is this a good thing, bad thing or benign thing?

One theory I have regarding the demographics of Nascar is similar to what happens when a kid loses a tooth and puts it under a pillow at night. It seems the Tooth Fairy may be pulling double duty and when someone from the USA turns 50 the Nascar Fan Fairy sprinkles magic dust on them while they are sleeping turning them into Nascar fans. How cool is that?

An older audience is a better audience as those folks have more discretionary income and time plus they are open to new things and are not set in their ways.
Yuge numbers of folks 18-49 watch through illegal streams!

Back
Top Bottom