2017 NASCAR Season - Television Ratings Thread

Damn you dunnit now. Our resident naysayer, who by the way he acts must have a degree in Mathematical Engineering from MIT, will be along shortly to explain how everyone who believes this is an idiot.

It is a good thing he doesn't start on you!!!

According to Jayski the second MIS race had a rating of 2.1 which equated to 3.38 million viewers which was down from 2014's numbers of 3.2 and 5.15 million viewers and down about a million lookey loos from 2015.

Stern wants to round up for a 5% gain..typical bean counter trick, much like I suspect the drama queen from Spots Media Watch does. I'm sure he will be along shortly with a ten years ago number or something of the sort.

If it is true and Nascar did not lose viewers YoY from the second MIS race it will good but what will even be better is if there are more young people and less geezers partaking of the programming. Of course I could just believe what I like and deny what I don't like as it is seems to work for some folks very well.

I'm more interested in the Cheese futures myself many surveys to the contrary about the demographic fan base ages for those interested than a very small TV sampling. Anybody with eyes counting seats should see that the figures are entirely bogus. So concerns for where are the children isn't a concern of mine or attendance matters from 10 years ago. but please continue

If it is true and Nascar did not lose viewers YoY from the second MIS race it will good but what will even be better is if there are more young people and less geezers partaking of the programming. Of course I could just believe what I like and deny what I don't like as it is seems to work for some folks very well.
You keep saying this over and over, but I don't get it. I'd think attracting more young people *and* more geezers is a good thing. But you keep posting that young viewers are good but older viewers are bad. I don't believe it.

You keep saying this over and over, but I don't get it. I'd think attracting more young people *and* more geezers is a good thing. But you keep posting that young viewers are good but older viewers are bad. I don't believe it.
It is a form of discrimination called Ageism.

I will need to look up just what the heck Velveeta cheese is and what the heck it is used for?
Apparently it's a product used to drive down the price point for NASCAR Cup team race sponsorship.

It surely isn't any good for anything else.

That is absolutely A OK in my book as you are free to believe as it suits you just like some are free to believe that the ratings are not representative of what is really taking place with Nascar. My beliefs on the matter are not cast in stone and it doesn't matter one way or the other to me what demographic is deemed best. All I know is what I read over and over again and that is the 18-36 age group is the best and the 18-49 is not bad either. I know that I have far more discretionary income than when I was in the 18-36 demo and more than when I was in the 18-49 and I do spend money and buy things. I would think my age group has to have some value with advertisers but I have been unable to find anything that says it is.

Apparently it's a product used to drive down the price point for NASCAR Cup team race sponsorship.

It surely isn't any good for anything else.

Well we already knew that but I was talking about what the product actually is used for.

"While Velveeta used to be made of real cheese, today, Velveeta cheese is made with whey protein concentrate and milk protein – meaning that it is not technically cheese.

The FDA noticed this in 2002, when it sent Kraft a warning letter asking the company to take “cheese spread” off its packaging and replace it with something a bit closer to the truth. While there are elements of real cheese in Velveeta – like, you know, milk – to call it actual cheese is a bit of a stretch. Which is why it is now labeled as a “Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product.” Say that five times fast."

Not real cheese. I am outraged!

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-8-13-2017.html

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekend-sports-tv-ratings-8-12-13-2017.html

Nascar is kicking butt and taking no prisoners as the recent race from Michigan kept pace in viewership with the 2016 edition. Other nuggets include hammering the NFL's exhibition games and easily dispatching anything MLB or soccer could throw at it. I didn't even look to see if it was cable's most watched sports program of the weekend cuz.......duh...........I'm sure it was.

More good news is that 68% of the cup's race audience was made up of more mature citizens over 50 years of age which is fantastic as they are the group you want as fans. They have far more discretionary time and money and are an ideal fit for a serious sporting event such as Nascar. Besides do you want to go to a race and sit beside some snot nose kid who looks like he fell face first into a tackle box and has holes the size of hockey pucks where his ear lobes used to be? Hell no! The little darlins' have the attention span of a fleas anyway so who needs them? It isn't like they will ever be gainfully employed anyway so good riddance.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-8-13-2017.html

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekend-sports-tv-ratings-8-12-13-2017.html

Nascar is kicking butt and taking no prisoners as the recent race from Michigan kept pace in viewership with the 2016 edition. Other nuggets include hammering the NFL's exhibition games and easily dispatching anything MLB or soccer could throw at it. I didn't even look to see if it was cable's most watched sports program of the weekend cuz.......duh...........I'm sure it was.

More good news is that 68% of the cup's race audience was made up of more mature citizens over 50 years of age which is fantastic as they are the group you want as fans. They have far more discretionary time and money and are an ideal fit for a serious sporting event such as Nascar. Besides do you want to go to a race and sit beside some snot nose kid who looks like he fell face first into a tackle box and has holes the size of hockey pucks where his ear lobes used to be? Hell no! The little darlins' have the attention span of a fleas anyway so who needs them? It isn't like they will ever be gainfully employed anyway so good riddance.
You're taking this pretty hard.

A yuuuge 1.98 rating for the Monster Cup Series! Proof NASCAR is still bigly.

Wow. Single baseball games are beating NASCAR cup races...

I'm sure the playoffs will bring the fans back, when those start everyone will forget all about football... gotta see if truex jr can advance himself to homestead.
No one watches baseball. The drama of the playoffs will certainly help though.

Crawford is boxing on espn Saturday night, over half the NFL in preseason, all but two MLB teams start after 7, college move in weekend... My guess, lucky Logan sells more tickets Saturday night than bother watching one of the last 5 non cable NASCAR races.

Back in 1981 The Kinks released an album called "Give The People What They Want" and also a single by the same name. In that spirit I am fixin' to give y'all what you want so lets get to it.

The Saturday night race from Bristol absolutely pummeled the rain delayed race from 2016 and hammered a repeat of the Love Connection. In addition this year's race had more viewers than the event broadcast on NBCS in 2015 and was only off about 18% from 2014 on ESPN. The demographics of the audience was also boffo and had outstanding representation from the much sought over 50 age group.

As my boy Kent Dorfman used to say: “Oh boy…is this great!”

• All five Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races telecast on NBCSN this season have ranked as the most-watched sporting event of the weekend on cable.

• NBC Sports’ coverage of this year’s NASCAR XFINITY Series race from Iowa Speedway averaged 1.7 million viewers and delivered a 1.14 HH rating, making it the highest-rated NBC Sports Group XFINITY Series race since 2015 (Homestead 1.21).

• NASCAR America, NBCSN’s daily motorsports show, is averaging 103,000 viewers, +14% vs. 2016.

DIGITAL

For the 2017 NASCAR on NBC season to date (8 race weekends), there have been a total of 487K unique devices and 59.2M live minutes streamed, +41% and +37%, respectively, vs. 2016.

2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series streaming on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app is on pace to be the most-streamed season ever for NASCAR on NBC coverage.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...ched-sporting-event-on-six-of-eight-weekends/

• All five Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races telecast on NBCSN this season have ranked as the most-watched sporting event of the weekend on cable.

• NBC Sports’ coverage of this year’s NASCAR XFINITY Series race from Iowa Speedway averaged 1.7 million viewers and delivered a 1.14 HH rating, making it the highest-rated NBC Sports Group XFINITY Series race since 2015 (Homestead 1.21).

• NASCAR America, NBCSN’s daily motorsports show, is averaging 103,000 viewers, +14% vs. 2016.

DIGITAL

For the 2017 NASCAR on NBC season to date (8 race weekends), there have been a total of 487K unique devices and 59.2M live minutes streamed, +41% and +37%, respectively, vs. 2016.

2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series streaming on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app is on pace to be the most-streamed season ever for NASCAR on NBC coverage.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...ched-sporting-event-on-six-of-eight-weekends/

I am really impressed with the results from Iowa but someone needs to tell sponsors about all the other good news so they will open up their checkbooks and sponsor some cars for a decent pop.

DIGITAL

NBC you can tell is trying hard to do a good job and it is paying off. I appreciate their efforts trying different things. Watkins Glenn was a big hit, super coverage of a road race. Iowa has always done well. I think fans are really ready for a standalone race at that point and it's a well designed track.

FOX cup races were off 12% this year over last and NBC is down a little over 1% so far if you toss out the rain delayed Pocono and Bristol events from last year. Even though the Brickyard was delayed this year I kept it in play as it beat last year's viewership by 700K. These are Joe Friday numbers.

Back
Top Bottom