2017 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

Brrr
Screenshot_20170430-094005.png

Crazy weather here in Texas. Tornadoes and severe storms in North Texas last night --- close to where I used to live. So far,
5 people died in the storm.
Now, there's a BLIZZARD warning for the Texas Panhandle --- extreme northern part of Texas.

CRAZY.

Definitely heading downhill here.
Mixture of sun and rain yesterday....around 68F

0d67548228ec2ea784ce29e46e1b6a46.jpg
b7cf70f1dc9323458a81a3f9d197ceb3.jpg
dbf85f357fb16e97cb067332ef035a06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Friday it hit 82, Saturday 88 and the humidity was into the high 60's-low 70's. Too early for those temps here. Yesterday and today, relief at 60.

Ours was off for about an hour early this morning. All is good now.
Still no power here. Four hours and counting. Much of the county that I live in is without power. My old generator kicks a$$ though. My beer's still cold and my dinner is hot. I've got the Penguins/Caps pregame on tv waiting for the game to begin. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Still no power here. Four hours and counting. Much of the county that I live in is without power. My old generator kicks a$$ though. My beer's still cold and my dinner is hot. I've got the Penguins/Caps pregame on tv waiting for the game to begin. Can't ask for anything more than that.
And a damn fine RV outside if you need it.

Storms expected this afternoon and all night.

I have been dodging big pieces of tires that have come off big rigs today.That is the big reason I hate driving on interstates at night in the summer.You never see them at night until it's too late.My company car,Ford Fusion took some hits last year.I understand why people rent cars to take on vacation rather than taking their personal car.

90 degrees yesterday and today. Damn, summer came too soon. :mad:

It's been quite a while since the SPC had issued a high probability of severe storms and tornadoes for my area. Even though I'm a weather nut, I'm still slightly concerned. Really hoping we get lucky with this system.

We've been soggy with rain and humidity since we returned home last week. The outer bands from the system in the gulf has been pounding us since yesterday morning and will continue for the next few days. We're on the backside (badside) of it.

We've been soggy with rain and humidity since we returned home last week. The outer bands from the system in the gulf has been pounding us since yesterday morning and will continue for the next few days. We're on the backside (badside) of it.
Tropical Storm Cindy --- looks like you may catch a lot of it. Sure wish it would turn left into southern Texas --- maybe it would rain here.

Tropical Storm Cindy --- looks like you may catch a lot of it. Sure wish it would turn left into southern Texas --- maybe it would rain here.
I hadn't heard that they named it. We're already waterlogged after over 3 weeks of daily rainstorms that we mostly missed while on vacation. We're all good where we are but there's supposed to be some local heavy flooding.

1:45 PM --- East side of house in the shade --- 103*/ West side of house in the shade --- 105*

It's HOT in Texas.

Correction --- just upped to 106*. And the really hot part of the day hasn't come --- yet. :(

Last edited:
1:45 PM --- East side of house in the shade --- 103*/ West side of house in the shade --- 105*

It's HOT in Texas.

Correction --- just upped to 106*. And the really hot part of the day hasn't come --- yet. :(
Holy cow. It's just June. :confused:

Mid 90s here. 90s humidity also.

Back
Top Bottom