2017 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

Warmed up nicely. About to go up
a4ee1cd6f5fae73212df1ebf9876f864.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gonna put some of these in. That dang cabbage tree leaves it's fronds everywhere!
1dcf3f685e4da5aac86f2b859b9a15f1.jpg

Gonna put some of these in. That dang cabbage tree leaves it's fronds everywhere!
1dcf3f685e4da5aac86f2b859b9a15f1.jpg

We used something very similar for years. Our problem was oak trees with the little tassels in the Spring. Worked well.
I think ours were called Gutterpillars.

We used something very similar for years. Our problem was oak trees with the little tassels in the Spring. Worked well.
I think ours were called Gutterpillars.
Good name. Lol.
Yeah this tree leaves a crazy amount of leaves..... And I just persuaded my neighbor to let me help him take 3 out.
Still a few to go....

Dang. That is six. And if you look way to the right we have a new one growing..... I told my neighbour don't even think about letting that grow!......but he don't seem to have listened. :mad::D

The hot weather finally moved East. 90 degrees for tomorrow will be our hottest day for the next seven days. Yesterday was lower 80's with light rain all day. I really coulda sat on the porch the entire day.

Actually had a little moisture fell from the sky this morning. Not enough to measure, though. And it looks like
the spigot has been turned off. 80* and 80% humidity do not make for a pleasant day.

Actually had a little moisture fell from the sky this morning. Not enough to measure, though. And it looks like
the spigot has been turned off. 80* and 80% humidity do not make for a pleasant day.
Yuck!
Currently 90 degrees with a dew point of 64 degrees, 42% humidity.
We aren't used to humidity. It's thick outside.

I'll take 42% humidity.
It's 72* ,overcast and heading to the low 80's today.
As of 8 am

Pressure 30.14 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Mostly Cloudy 800 ft
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 30000 ft
Dew Point 70 °F
Humidity 93%

Rainfall 0.00 in

73 and mostly cloudy with the dew point at 69 ° & humidity at 87% right now

Heading to 80 later
Miserable outside

Still storming. The ground is saturated and the water is rising but we're fine on higher ground. I love living in Florida, but damn.

I have to be more careful with my wishes.
The lightning show started at 11 PM last night. Continued with pouring rain ALL NIGHT LONG !
In fact, it's still going on. The rain has slacked off a bit.

Poured 5 inches out of the rain gauge at 7:15 this morning --- the gauge couldn't hold anymore,
so no telling how much more would have been in it. And it's still raining --- although much lighter.

Last edited:
It's still storming here. I want to go fishing. Grrrr.

close call an EF-2 tornado hit Tulsa late Sunday night. 3 separate tornadoes in all. Started in the city commercial part of town and stayed on the ground for around 20 miles was the worst one. I got about 3.5 inches of rain and freakin lightning before it really formed up and moved east and hit Tulsa. Two people still in the hospital but no deaths thankfully. Tornadoes in August? :mad:

close call an EF-2 tornado hit Tulsa late Sunday night. 3 separate tornadoes in all. Started in the city commercial part of town and stayed on the ground for around 20 miles was the worst one. I got about 3.5 inches of rain and freakin lightning before it really formed up and moved east and hit Tulsa. Two people still in the hospital but no deaths thankfully. Tornadoes in August? :mad:

Mother Nature doesn't care what month it is. Though the time it happened was odd. It's not often you get such a strong tornado at 1am.

really good deal it was at night, If it would have been daytime and this building was full of people, it would have been really bad. Penthouse was destroyed.

upload_2017-8-9_1-2-13.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom