2017 Texas - AAA Texas 500 - Pre-Race Thread

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
NASCAR returns to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex this weekend. :) That's two anchors.

Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.jpg

For those who haven't seen it, here's the Fort Worth music video I made last semester. :D

Here's the Cup event schedule:
Event Schedule times are in central time

Friday, November 3
9:30 AM-7:00 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
12:00 PM-1:25 PM MENCS 1ST PRACTICE
5:15 PM (6:15 PM/ET) MENCS QUALIFYING (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)

Saturday, November 4
12:30 PM-9:00 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
2:00 PM-2:55 PM MENCS 2ND PRACTICE
4:00 PM-4:50 PM MENCS FINAL PRACTICE

Sunday, November 5
7:30 AM MENCS GARAGE OPENS
12:20 PM MENCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
1:00 PM (2:00 PM/ET) MENCS RACE (334 LAPS, 501 MILES)

MENCS = Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Let it start again all week... the 48 will win this weeken lol there going to flip the switch :laugh::lol2:

MARK my words the 18 will win again Sunday!

Yesterday reminded me so much of the Brad/Gordon incident in 2014. Absolutely sick to my stomach. At this point it's like a game of how many ways to prevent a Chase Elliott win.

Yesterday reminded me so much of the Brad/Gordon incident in 2014. Absolutely sick to my stomach. At this point it's like a game of how many ways to prevent a Chase Elliott win.
But to be honest did you not see that coming ?

No I didn't. The fact that it is expected by some is pretty sad in all honesty. That isn't racing, if it were we'd have a junkyard full of crashed cars every weekend.

It isn't like Chase screwed up or drove that corner any differently than he did the other 496 laps. He drove a brilliant race and some idiot who forgot where his brake pedal was located robbed him of both a checkered flag and a trip to Miami. What a huge first career win that would have been.

Only Truex has a higher average finish in these playoffs than Elliott, even your boy isn't close with his 3 wins. And now because of that hack Hamlin he has nothing to show for it.

No I didn't. The fact that it is expected by some is pretty sad in all honesty. That isn't racing, if it were we'd have a junkyard full of crashed cars every weekend.

It isn't like Chase screwed up or drove that corner any differently than he did the other 496 laps. He drove a brilliant race and some idiot who forgot where his brake pedal was located robbed him of both a checkered flag and a trip to Miami. What a huge first career win that would have been.

Only Truex has a higher average finish in these playoffs than Elliott, even your boy isn't close with his 3 wins. And now because of that hack Hamlin he has nothing to show for it.
I get what your saying, I just think they don’t respect him or some don’t respect him.. if Denny for one sec thought chase would get out the car after the race and beat his A** he wouldn’t have done that lol..!but he knew chase would do exactly what chase do after each race.. first time I ever seen chase show any emotion at all ... that’s why I think it’s important to have some emotion and personality to show others your not going to take there bull.. Denny Hamlin wasn’t worried about chase.

That's putting it nicely and keeping it classy. That type of driver attracts a certain type of fan.

He should be. When you race someone like that, you'll get the same treatment in the future.
I’m talking bout outside the car lol.. get your ass whooped once and I bet you won’t do it again haha

wasn't any way Hambone was going to pass Chase unless Chase made a mistake. So he pulled a chicken **** move and then lied about it. I would expect nothing less for him. His teammate did the same thing, couldn't pass the 22 so he speared him with his splitter and cut his tire. Lied about it said they were three wide.

wasn't any way Hambone was going to pass Chase unless Chase made a mistake. So he pulled a chicken sh!t move and then lied about it. I would expect nothing less for him. His teammate did the same thing, couldn't pass the 22 so he speared him with his splitter and cut his tire. Lied about it said they were three wide.

Then people wonder why the JGR hunch bunch are disliked so much.

Its stuff like that makes me grit my teeth.

Got

omg I’m at work dying laughing lol... he has 22 now :lol2:
You must have forgotten MoSport and Motegi.

... It isn't like Chase screwed up or drove that corner any differently than he did the other 496 laps. He drove a brilliant race and some idiot who forgot where his brake pedal was located robbed him of both a checkered flag and a trip to Miami. What a huge first career win that would have been. ...
Chase wasn't going to win that race. Hamlin was going to move him out of the way; Chase wasn't fast enough to get away from him.

It did cost him a trip to Miami. He likely would have finished top 5 if Hamlin had pulled a proper bump-and-run, instead of 20-something. The 20+ points that cost him is what took him out of contention.

If you order your tar and feathers from Amazon, mention my name and get the discount price. They'll deliver it straight to my house and save you the trouble of bringing them with you.

DNZiNn4XcAAofkR.jpg

Just heard about this on Jim and Chocs show on XM.
That Eddie Gossage of Texas Motor Speedway does not waste any time !

as a 24 fan yesterday hurt. but man 2014 hurt I was 29 years old at the time and not ashamed to say I was in tears when Jeff crashed out due to the racing incident with Brad I really felt like 2014 if he got to Miami he could have won his 5th Cup, that was his best chance at a Championship since 2007. Yesterday hurt though but the feeling I have Chase will have many more chances to win one of these lotteries.

Chase wasn't going to win that race. Hamlin was going to move him out of the way; Chase wasn't fast enough to get away from him.

It did cost him a trip to Miami. He likely would have finished top 5 if Hamlin had pulled a proper bump-and-run, instead of 20-something. The 20+ points that cost him is what took him out of contention.

If you order your tar and feathers from Amazon, mention my name and get the discount price. They'll deliver it straight to my house and save you the trouble of bringing them with you.
If Chase makes it thru that corner he easily drives away, in my opinion he would've survived a bump from Hamlin. He was only that close to him because Chase pinched him off when he dropped down in front of him. Chase slowed down significantly because of the contact with Brad, but the moment he was even an inch clear of Hamlin, he dropped down.

Hopefully the one that should already be there...

Well see, Brad's best shot was at Martinsville, not sure he makes it with runs at Texas at Phoenix ;)

In all seriousness, I feel you. This was a tough blow for Chase but it NEEDED to happen. It lit a fire under his butt and I think it will make him a more "taking" driver.

But as far as this race, yeah, Brad is the one who SHOULDA. Had he restarted on the inside instead of the outside, he would have drove off, Elliot wouldnt have taken the lead and all that mess wouldn't have happened. Wild race. Stupid decisions those last 10 laps

Well see, Brad's best shot was at Martinsville, not sure he makes it with runs at Texas at Phoenix ;)

In all seriousness, I feel you. This was a tough blow for Chase but it NEEDED to happen. It lit a fire under his butt and I think it will make him a more "taking" driver.

But as far as this race, yeah, Brad is the one who SHOULDA. Had he restarted on the inside instead of the outside, he would have drove off, Elliot wouldnt have taken the lead and all that mess wouldn't have happened. Wild race. Stupid decisions those last 10 laps
I was completely shocked at that too. The only thing I can think was Chase passed a lot of cars on the outside on restarts all day and maybe Brad took notice of that? I really don't know, even with that you're still at an advantage on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom