2017 Texas - AAA Texas 500 - Pre-Race Thread

North Korean NASCAR...
Playoff champion, regular season champion, people's champion, tag-team champions, intercontinental champion, NIT champion, lightweight-but-not-as-light-as-featherweight champion, ...

I feel confident in saying there are more people who DON'T pull for Chase Elliott than do. He may have a plurality, but not a majority.

upload_2017-10-30_15-54-56.png

Elliott’s crew chief warns rules of engagement with Hamlin have changed

Will Sunday’s Chase Elliott vs. Denny Hamlin dust-up from Martinsville Speedway carry over to next week?

Maybe so, maybe no. But at least according to Alan Gustafson, crew chief for Elliott’s Hendrick Motorsports entry, the rules of engagement going forward may have changed.

“I’m cool with it,” Gustafson said from pit road after surveying the damage to Elliott’s No. 24 Chevrolet. “When we have his back tires jacked up going into probably (turn) three at Texas, that’ll be a bigger corner, then just be good with that, too.”
“I think he’s improved,” Gustafson said. “He’s done an incredible job and it’s unfortunate that race wins have eluded us because I think that’s the only thing that we haven’t been able to do this year. We’ve done everything else.”
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-hamlin-martinsville-incident-alan-gustafson/

Will Sunday’s Chase Elliott vs. Denny Hamlin dust-up from Martinsville Speedway carry over to next week?

Maybe so, maybe no. But at least according to Alan Gustafson, crew chief for Elliott’s Hendrick Motorsports entry, the rules of engagement going forward may have changed.

“I’m cool with it,” Gustafson said from pit road after surveying the damage to Elliott’s No. 24 Chevrolet. “When we have his back tires jacked up going into probably (turn) three at Texas, that’ll be a bigger corner, then just be good with that, too.”
“I think he’s improved,” Gustafson said. “He’s done an incredible job and it’s unfortunate that race wins have eluded us because I think that’s the only thing that we haven’t been able to do this year. We’ve done everything else.”
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-hamlin-martinsville-incident-alan-gustafson/
Words are fun but action is better. Let’s see what actually happens. I’m guessing that having someone in the rear view that owes you will give cause to think. Mind games can work wonders at times.

Words are fun but action is better. Let’s see what actually happens. I’m guessing that having someone in the rear view that owes you will give cause to think. Mind games can work wonders at times.

The 3 remaining races ain't really rubbing tracks....

Note: All times are ET

THURSDAY, NOV. 2
3-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice (Follow Live)
5-5:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow Live)

FRIDAY, NOV. 3
1-2:25 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow Live)
3-3:45 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow Live)
4 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Texas Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow Live)
5-5:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow Live)
6:15 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBC Sports App (Will air tape delayed on NBCSN at 11:3o p.m.) (Follow Live)
8 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series JAG Metals 350 Driving Hurricane Harvey Relief (147 laps, 220.5 miles), FS1 (Follow Live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
7:15: Post-Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying
10:15 p.m.: Post-Camping World Truck Series race

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
12:30 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
2:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series

SATURDAY, NOV. 4
3-3:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series second practice, CNBC/NBC Sports App(Follow Live)
5-5:50 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow Live)
6:05 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow Live)
8:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow Live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
11 p.m.: Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series race

SUNDAY, NOV. 5
2 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series AAA Texas 500 (334 laps, 501 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow Live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
5:30 p.m.: Post-Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race

The best thing Chase can do to repay Hambone is to go out there this weekend and lay one on the field and plant his ass in that final 4.
Hope the dude can win it this weekend, I’d say the best plan of attack would be to win Texas this week, wreck the 11 at Phoenix ;)

FRR should be moving to Oklahoma soon, now that the Trdota skunk works has moved to Texas. Makes it a home race too

The best thing Chase can do to repay Hambone is to go out there this weekend and lay one on the field and plant his ass in that final 4.

He's got the speed to win it. I have a feeling the 24 is going to be a lot more fired up after the BS at M'ville.

TIRE CODES

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 4 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 11 sets for race;
Xfinity: 8 sets for the event

Tire Codes:
Left-side -- D-4688; Right-side -- D-4718

Tire Circumference:
Left-side -- 87.56 in. (2,224 mm);
Right-side -- 88.62 in. (2,251 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 25 psi; Left Rear -- 25 psi;
Right Front -- 56 psi; Right Rear -- 52 psi

Storyline - Tire Set-up and Track Prep Key for Texas: Texas Motor Speedway went through a repave before its NASCAR event in April, and while that is always a challenge for all competitive stakeholders, the event was a great success. The reason repaves are a concern in racing is the tremendous amount of grip new asphalt creates. Grip increases speeds, which generates heat in the tires, and extreme heat is the enemy of performance and durability. Another challenge of a repave is the smoothness of the surface. When a track is that smooth, there is not enough abrasion to wear tires. That leads to two important situations - (1) if a tire does not shed rubber, much of the heat generated stays inside that tire, and (2) with limited wear, the track surface does not take rubber as quickly and that makes it more difficult to have multiple racing grooves. That is where the speedway comes into play - dragging tires on the track before the race weekend even begins to "rubber-in" the surface and help advance the work on those multiple grooves.

"While the timing of Texas' repave did not leave enough time for us to test there before the spring race, we did have the advantage of knowing what the track surface was going to be like because it was the same asphalt mix that Kentucky used last year," said Greg Stucker, Goodyear's director of racing. "While repaves are a challenge, we were able to bring a tire set-up that matched up well with that asphalt. The speedway also did a great job preparing the surface by dragging tires before we arrived for the race. They are working on the surface again in advance of this weekend, even expanding the grooves they developed in April. Everyone's efforts - Goodyear's, the speedway's and NASCAR's - are all critical in creating the right environment for great racing."

Notes: While teams in all three NASCAR series in action at Texas this week will run the same right-side tire code (D-4718), teams in the Cup and Xfinity Series will run a different left-side code (D-4688) than those in the Camping World Truck Series . . . Cup and Xfinity teams ran the same combination of left- and right-side tires at this track in April . . . while Texas is the only track at which these teams run this right-side tire, they have run this left-side at Kentucky the last two seasons . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run liners in all four tire positions at Texas . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

I would like to see the first cup win in the #24. If it happens in the # 9, the fan base will carry on like a crowd at a pentecostal camp meeting.

He needs to concentrate on winning now. Worry about that stuff when you don't need a win so much.

Believe it or not, I'm a Dallas native. :) Now, I'm a resident of Fort Worth who wants my current city to get recognition as a metro anchor.

Believe it or not, I'm a Dallas native. :) Now, I'm a resident of Fort Worth who wants my current city to get recognition as a metro anchor.
Yeah, Dallas does get all the recognition , I think of it as just one big city, like a metorplex :laugh: the DFW area

I always thought Hooterville done Pixley dirty. They lied many times about their census counts, even made a hero out of a pig, who was obviously part of the rigged up count.
How is it that Petticoat Junction and Green Acres never showed the Pixley sky line or the hawt wimmins and livestock pets from Pixley

And don't even get me started on the atrocity of how Mayberry ignored Mount Piilot.

Bumping the 11 in the left rear quarter panel a few times as the 24 lapped him would do the trick.

I always thought Hooterville done Pixley dirty. They lied many times about their census counts, even made a hero out of a pig, who was obviously part of the rigged up count.
How is it that Petticoat Junction and Green Acres never showed the Pixley sky line or the hawt wimmins and livestock pets from Pixley.

And don't even get me started on the atrocity of how Mayberry ignored Mount Piilot.

All I know is that, when it came to those hawt wimmins, Uncle Joe was a-movin' kinda slow at the junction . . . :wacko:

I will be on the edge of my seat till then ...............................

Personally, I don't care if the #11 & #24 wreck one another in every race from here to Homestead. Hell, they can play smash up derby with their motor coaches on the way out of the parking lot for all I care.

I'll enjoy the show and those calling for #24 to deal out some payback carnage will have their thirst for Hamlin blood quenched.

I'd say it's all good :D

Personally, I don't care if the #11 & #24 wreck one another in every race from here to Homestead. Hell, they can play smash up derby with their motor coaches on the way out of the parking lot for all I care.

I'll enjoy the show and those calling for #24 to deal out some payback carnage will have their thirst for Hamlin blood quenched.

I'd say it's all good :D
'Cause every time they wreck each other, your boy gets farther out in front of them, amiright?

Back
Top Bottom