2018 Atlanta - Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 - Pre Race Thread

I didn't get a chance to make it over there the last 2 weekends, which is sad because I was parked basically right next to it at Best Buy. Will try and check it out in July.

Will be in Hampton Fri-Mon if you want to link up. Staying about 20 mins from the track but we'll likely hit up downtown ATL for dinner a couple nights or maybe even Buckhead. Let me know.
ok ill let u know for sure! but i checked weather its saying just 71 degrees and chance of rain.. are you seeing this?

Entry list. On a Monday at that.

DWbJhKHWsAUvPTO.jpg:large

36 entries. What a coincidink.

Tire wear and comers and goers - what NASCAR doesn't have enough of these days. That worn out surface gets the cars sliding all around, it's awesome.

Plus, speed. That place is stupid fast. That's probably the one track I've been to where you get a true sense of what these cars can do. You get it at Charlotte too, but it's even more on display at Atlanta.

You wanna see speed go to Michigan. We sit in turn one, to see 215 entering is something

You wanna see speed go to Michigan. We sit in turn one, to see 215 entering is something

Fabulous facility/people. Flew out there a couple of years ago, and trying like hell to get back. Love that place.

Logano and harvick are the only Buschwhackers in Xfinity.

That's enough to make me avoid the Xfinity race.

..and that's why I'll be watching the Xfinity race this weekend

People don't like it but it really does help the series.. I don't go out of my way to make sure I catch races my cup driver isn't in.

I'm not surprised you feel this way- your driver essentially has a 50% chance of winning.

People like me quit watching Xfinity races because we're sick of the 2 or 3 Cup regulars in any given race winning almost every race.

I'm not surprised you feel this way- your driver essentially has a 50% chance of winning.

People like me quit watching Xfinity races because we're sick of the 2 or 3 Cup regulars in any given race winning almost every race.
I don't think Logano has a 50% chance. The top 7 at Daytona were Xfinity regulars. Definitely not persuading you to watch, but changes occur and people stuck in their old ways don't catch the wave so to speak

Then explain why i never miss a cup race lol

You can jump to all the conclusions you want.. doesn't make it true. I just prefer to watch races hes in, regardless of his shot at the win. However certain races I don't miss.. like the road course circuit they have through the summer ..or any playoff race... Also the truck races at MoSport or Eldora and Joey has never been in any of those.

Not everyone bases their decision to watch a race on whether their driver will dominate. A cheap win in top-tier equipment in a lower series quickly loses its entertainment value.

Really with the way the weather has been this year I wouldn't be surprised if a race or two gets snowed out.. has that ever happened before?....aaaaaaand go! :D

They can't predict the weather in Georgia that far out. j/s

They should just run race on Saturday!! This weather is ridiculous.. that’s why I haven’t purchased my ticket yet

Worst part about rain weekends - green racetracks. Screws up everything you've done leading up to race time.

I think I’m just going to save the money.. I have to work Monday and I can’t miss any days right now.. damn I’m HOT!! I wanted to go to
ATL and race smh

What they say about Daytona ?
they said rain both Saturday and Sunday and this:
This seems more promising than the national forecasts - those are almost making it seem impossible that they get anything in on Sunday. Calling for AM thunderstorms and afternoon, 80% :(

Not all that many races ago I was at a Martinsville race that the weather forecast the day of the race called for rain all day. We sat in our truck in the parking lot for hours leading up to race time. About noon that day, the rain quit. Air Titan II did it's job and the race started on time. You never know what will happen until it does.

Back
Top Bottom