2018 Atlanta - Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 - Pre Race Thread

they said rain both Saturday and Sunday and this:
This seems more promising than the national forecasts - those are almost making it seem impossible that they get anything in on Sunday. Calling for AM thunderstorms and afternoon, 80% :(
I never seen rain for Daytona 500 race what weather channel was u watching lol? Not trying to be funny but I went and looked at weather none stop and always saw 76 degrees for that day

I never seen rain for Daytona 500 race what weather channel was u watching lol? Not trying to be funny but I went and looked at weather none stop and always saw 76 degrees for that day

I don't know why the hell I fool with ya, you ask what it is, I show it to ya and you want to argue about it.:D Here ya knucklehead see for yourself:p Dug it out two pages back, had to go thru 4 pages looking :mad: POST 155..post 164, and 171 has more, but you will have to turn the page, think you can handle that?:D
https://racing-forums.com/threads/2018-daytona-500-pre-race-thread.62183/page-4

Ya know, there are other sources than the Weather Channel. NWS, local forecasts, etc. And just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't forecast. Plenty of things happen that you don't see.

I will say I was in Charlotte last fall for the playoff race when what was left of that hurricane was trickling north. Showed 100% chance of rain and looked absolutely miserable on race morning. Drove to the track thinking there was no way a race was happening. Started on time and finished without a drop. In fact it didn't rain until about 7 or 8 that night.

So, fingers crossed but I don't feel good about 90% on consecutive days.

Ya know, there are other sources than the Weather Channel. NWS, local forecasts, etc. And just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't forecast. Plenty of things happen that you don't see.
u took it the wrong way i was just saying i looked plenty of times on differnt sites and never seen it .. and i even put wasnt trying to be funny and it still seem like u got an attitude .. im just shocked he rain .. it was beautiful that day
I don't know why the hell I fool with ya, you ask what it is, I show it to ya and you want to argue about it.:D Here ya knucklehead see for yourself:p Dug it out two pages back, had to go thru 4 pages looking :mad: POST 155..post 164, and 171 has more, but you will have to turn the page, think you can handle that?:D
https://racing-forums.com/threads/2018-daytona-500-pre-race-thread.62183/page-4
you took it the wrong way too i guess lol , i was just saying i never saw rain when i checked everyday on different sites .. it always said 73-76 it was beautiful that day.. thats why in my post i said i wasnt trying to be funny.. its just odd u saw rain for that day thats all i was saying.. sorry if i offened u i really wasnt trying to do that.
I will say I was in Charlotte last fall for the playoff race when what was left of that hurricane was trickling north. Showed 100% chance of rain and looked absolutely miserable on race morning. Drove to the track thinking there was no way a race was happening. Started on time and finished without a drop. In fact it didn't rain until about 7 or 8 that night.
So, fingers crossed but I don't feel good about 90% on consecutive days.
yea i was there that was crazy lol
SORRY for all i offened by saying i didnt see where it said it was going to rain last sunday on the DAYTONA 500.

I wasn't offended at all from my end, just diggin on ya, cause I had to look that stuff up twice, making you see how I was suffering :D all for a KDB fan.
hahaha thanks though man lol... but I'm mad there calling for rain this weekend,, i can even get start/finishline tickets for 40 bucks!! thats why im so mad too lol

hahaha thanks though man lol... but I'm mad there calling for rain this weekend,, i can even get start/finishline tickets for 40 bucks!! thats why im so mad too lol
There are plenty of other races coming up in our area. Martinsville, Darlington, and Bristol are all closer.

It's a shame you couldn't get Tuesday off. Rain delay races are a eerie experience. There's almost nobody there, parking is a piece of cake, you buy a cheap ticket and sit wherever you want, nobody else is blocking your view, and the traffic is non-existent. On the other hand, the souvenir vendors are usually long gone, and most of the concession stands are closed. If you ever get the chance to catch a rain-delayed race at Charlotte, go for it.

Last edited:
There are plenty of other races coming up in our area. Martinsville, Darlington, and Bristol are all closer.

It's a shame you couldn't get Tuesday off. Rain delay races are a eerie experience. There's almost nobody there, parking is a piece of cake, you buy a cheap ticket and sit wherever you want, nobody else is blocking your view, and the traffic is non-existent. On the other hand, the souvenir vendors are usually long gone, and most of the concession stands are closed. If you ever get the chance to catch a rain-delayed race at Charlotte, go for it.
I have to work monday too :/ i would be driving from charlotte and if it rain some i wont get home until late lol.. yea i know its other races but i been to those tracks and not ATL and like i said i got a voucher for 50 dollars and start finishline tickets are only 84 bucks!

one year at Texas it rained the whole weekend, we stayed for Monday and they ran two races. place was deserted, we sat where ever we wanted

one year at Texas it rained the whole weekend, we stayed for Monday and they ran two races. place was deserted, we sat where ever we wanted
Yeah, I hate it for the people who bought tickets and planned a whole weekend but couldn't work in a couple of 'Just in case' days. It happened to me once, but the other way around - I was sure it would rain so I stayed home from the Coke 600 that Truex ran away with. There isn't enough hot sauce to flavor a bowl of useless tickets.

Still, I won't feel guilty about being able to take advantage when I can. ;)

Hey guys! Atlanta has the weather guarantee. That takes a lot of the risk out of the deal if people cannot attend a delayed race on Monday. I think it also applies to cold temperatures??

Hey guys! Atlanta has the weather guarantee. That takes a lot of the risk out of the deal if people cannot attend a delayed race on Monday. I think it also applies to cold temperatures??
U don’t get refund u just get a voucher for another race or something

The Perfect Race Weather Guarantee is back for the 2018 NASCAR weekend! Here's the rundown:

If the maximum high temperature for Saturday's event or Sunday's event of race weekend fails to reach at least 50 degrees in Hampton, Georgia as observed by the National Weather Service, or if either event is postponed to a later date and you cannot attend and your grandstand ticket is not scanned, you can request a credit for the total value of your grandstand tickets for that day's event, and we'll place it in your customer account. You can then use the balance for any future AMS event or events in 2018 or even the 2019 NASCAR Weekend!

The credit will only be available if the Perfect Race Weather Guarantee goes into effect and if your tickets are not scanned at any entry gates on the day of the event. You must contact the AMS ticket office within 30 days following the event to receive your credit.

Also, if part of the day's activities are completed and the rest is postponed (ie., if the XFINITY race is completed by the Camping World Truck Series race is not or the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event is postponed prior to its halfway point) customers may request a partial credit. The amount of the credit will be determined at that time.
http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/nascar/weather-refund-policy/

I'm undecided myself, I could probably take Monday/Tuesday off but there's some stuff I want to take off for in March as well so I'm not really sure at the moment.

Yeah, they hosted the Labor Day weekend race not too long ago.
Yeah I think 2014 was the last time. That was my first time there actually. Was hotter than sin that day but it was awesome watching a night race there.

Not all that many races ago I was at a Martinsville race that the weather forecast the day of the race called for rain all day. We sat in our truck in the parking lot for hours leading up to race time. About noon that day, the rain quit. Air Titan II did it's job and the race started on time. You never know what will happen until it does.

That was a crazy day. Five miles from the track it was pouring. Kenseth punted Logano, Gordon won his final race and the race ended at twilight.

can they not just change the CUP race to Saturday instead of Sunday??
the weather is PERFECT for SATURDAY!

I've never known them to move anything up other than the start time by a few hours. Even when faced with straggling hurricane weather days in advance. It can be just as big of an inconvenience to people by moving it up as it can be by postponing it to the next day I guess, but I will say the majority of people that go to this race are locals (bring your ear plugs for all those Chase Elliott cheers you're going to hear), so I wouldn't think it's too inconvenient for them if it got moved up.

I've never known them to move anything up other than the start time by a few hours. Even when faced with straggling hurricane weather days in advance. It can be just as big of an inconvenience to people by moving it up as it can be by postponing it to the next day I guess, but I will say the majority of people that go to this race are locals (bring your ear plugs for all those Chase Elliott cheers you're going to hear), so I wouldn't think it's too inconvenient for them if it got moved up.
hahaha ill be ready for the fans if i go .. i just dont want to waste my money :( damn i wish they would just move up to saturday and ill buy 3 tickets now! for me and my fam. just not doing it with this rain coming

DWkvTFoX4AA8HJF.jpg:large

Atlanta track surface ready for race weekend
Track president Ed Clark said last month the speedway did finish scheduled maintenance during the fall, which came to about 12 to 15 areas that needed immediate attention. This weekend, all three NASCAR national series will be in action at Atlanta, and Clark says he does not anticipate any issues.
"[The track] looks great; ready to go race," Clark said of the sealed cracks and seams.
Logically, a repave is coming sooner rather than later. However, Clark said such a decision would not be made until another post-race weekend review.

"The strategy is, we'll go through race weekend, we'll review things after that [and] see how it goes and make a determination then, is it time to repave this year or put it off yet another year?" he said.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22541940/atlanta-track-surface-ready-race-weekend

I can't see them putting it off another year. Think they're playing it hush because last year everyone spent all race weekend pleading and whining about it and they're wanting to avoid that this time around.

Myrtle Beach Speedway did that one year, moved the 400 from Sunday afternoon to Saturday night because of the weather forecast.

But this is the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, not short track racing. They already have an XFINITY and Truck race on Saturday.

Personally, I think they should move the race to Monday night if they don't get it in on Sunday.

Note: All times are ET

Friday, Feb. 23
11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
1:05 p.m.-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
2:05 p.m.-2:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
3:05 p.m.-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
4:05 p.m.-4:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
5:15 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
10 a.m.: Austin Dillon
10: 30 a.m.: Brad Keselowski
10:45 a.m.: Darrell Wallace Jr.
1 p.m.: Jordan Anderson, Johnny Sauter and Ben Rhodes
1:20 p.m.: Chase Elliott
1:35 p.m.: Martin Truex Jr.
1:50 p.m.: Ryan Blaney
2 p.m.: Folds of Honor/QuikTrip
2:15 p.m.: Justin Allgaier, Kaz Grala, Brandon Jones, Tyler Reddick
6:30 p.m. (approx.): Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series post-qualifying

Saturday, Feb. 24
9:10 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
10:35 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
12 p.m.-1:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
2 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Rinnai 250 (163 laps, 251.02 miles), FS1 (Follow live)
4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Active Pest Control 200 benefiting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (130 laps, 200.2 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
4:15 p.m. (approx.): NASCAR Xfinity Series post-race
6:30 p.m. (approx.): NASCAR Camping World Truck Series post-race

Sunday, Feb. 25
2 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (325 laps, 500.5 miles), FOX (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
5:45 p.m. (approx.): Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series post-race

Back
Top Bottom