2018 Charlotte - All Star - Pre-Race Thread

Thanks @Pat for posting this.
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vAxRVkVajPxl
In watching I can't say I noticed a big difference in speed, it's not like OH MY GOD THEY'RE BARELY MOVING

Y/W It was nice of Dustin Long to put it up for us. I liked it. They were moving around. The sound of speed was there. I love that sound. I don't think I could tell the difference if I tried.

So glad to see Matt back in action and right up front!

Did any of you see the 92 race on Fx1? Why can't we have a package like that again, I see no reason why we can't?

So none of you racing experts are going to answer the question why we can't have a car like the 92 package? Off the ground, able to pass, draft ...much better racing than we have now.

So none of you racing experts are going to answer the question why we can't have a car like the 92 package? Off the ground, able to pass, draft ...much better racing than we have now.
maybe becauee I have been posting different all star races over the last 40 years, and it doesn't make any difference which "package" they have.

maybe becauee I have been posting different all star races over the last 40 years, and it doesn't make any difference which "package" they have.
Come on, that's a cop out and it certainly does make a difference what package they run. Here's another what if... instead of putting plates on the engines to restrict the engines to what around 450-475 hp, why don't we run a special engine next All Star race that produces that kind of hp without restrictions?

This package is terrible...nascrap screwed up.

That was great racing!

I think besides Chase winning, it’d be cool to see the Dinger win

Austin Dillon is such a bro, but cool hat he’s wearing.

Come on, that's a cop out and it certainly does make a difference what package they run. Here's another what if... instead of putting plates on the engines to restrict the engines to what around 450-475 hp, why don't we run a special engine next All Star race that produces that kind of hp without restrictions?
Because engines with special configurations are too expensive to develop and test for a single event. Nobody here hates plates more than I do, but plate engine development yields engines that can be used for five races a year; six if a team makes the Shootout. Plates are a fast, cheap, easy way to cut HP in a one-off situation, and varying the hole sizes is an easy to adjust the HP to fit NASCAR's mood of the weekend. I don't like them but they are economical.

Because engines with special configurations are too expensive to develop and test for a single event. Nobody here hates plates more than I do, but plate engine development yields engines good for five races a year; six if a team makes the Shootout. Plates are a fast, cheap, easy way to cut HP in a one-off situation. I don't like them but they are economical.

I’m okay with them if it means keeping V8’s.

The HP is at 600 though which is similar to an IMSA prototype just a tad heavier. I do wonder if we need them however, the front aero ducts moving the air to the side of the car really should help remove dirty air, and that big a$$ spoiler should punch a nice hole in the air.

Also need to add that the girl announcing the drivers is definitely boinkable

Because engines with special configurations for a single race are expensive to develop and test. Nobody here hates plates more than I do, but plate engine development yields engines good for five races a year; six if a team makes the Shootout. Plates are a fast, cheap, easy way to cut HP in a one-off situation. I don't like them but they are economical.

It's kinda a lost cause. It has been discussed numerous times. Nobody has these engines on the shelf. They say it cost the teams 60 thou just to remap these existing engines to run with a plate at Charlotte. Nascar has said that in the future smaller engines could happen for better throttle response. Who knows, they might be able to modify the existing engines cheaper as they experiment more.

Back
Top Bottom