2018 Fontana - Auto Club 400 - Pre Race Thread

Non issue. They can buy them or not. This "rule" was created because of the teams playing games, not because NASCAR wanted a new rule. Place the blame where it belongs.

I'm just curious , but do you think some teams would find it beneficial to start at the rear with fresh tires vs. qualifying in the top 10 and starting the race with slightly worn tires? I guess that
You're committing the fallacy of lumping different objections from different sources together and pretending there is a contradiction. If you can cite specific people or sources who made the first complaint and then the second, your point holds up relative to those persons.

The vast majority agree it is a correct rules adjustment. Some believe it is bad timing, and incorrect to change rules in the middle of an event weekend. They have a valid point. I can't bother to get too worked up over it, because any longtime observer knows that every NASCAR rule begins with "Unless we decide otherwise at any time.."

I think from what we saw yesterday in the Xfinity race, Nascar did the right thing by giving those who qualified fresh tires. But it brings the question, why do they need to start on qualifying tires in the first place? If everyone is forced to qualify, then what does it matter if the cars start the race with new or slightly worn tires?

And while I'm at it, why did the R&D center break down Harvick's car to try and find something wrong with it to penalize the team with? Were they pressured by social media? Why not check the top 10 cars to see if they're finding the same problem, and if so, make sure the teams are aware that a penalty may come their way for doing so again. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is, but breaking down one car until something is found and penalize them for it is wrong man. That's a slippery slope if I ever saw one.

And finally, Nascar needs to figure out their audio situation. On TV, i hear nothing but the faint sounds of a motor and wind (more wind than motor). Below is a race at bristol back in 2002. Can we get this audio of the cars back please?

DYljyhlUQAAZd4f.jpg:large

I'm just curious , but do you think some teams would find it beneficial to start at the rear with fresh tires vs. qualifying in the top 10 and starting the race with slightly worn tires? I guess that

I think from what we saw yesterday in the Xfinity race, Nascar did the right thing by giving those who qualified fresh tires. But it brings the question, why do they need to start on qualifying tires in the first place? If everyone is forced to qualify, then what does it matter if the cars start the race with new or slightly worn tires?

And while I'm at it, why did the R&D center break down Harvick's car to try and find something wrong with it to penalize the team with? Were they pressured by social media? Why not check the top 10 cars to see if they're finding the same problem, and if so, make sure the teams are aware that a penalty may come their way for doing so again. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is, but breaking down one car until something is found and penalize them for it is wrong man. That's a slippery slope if I ever saw one.

And finally, Nascar needs to figure out their audio situation. On TV, i hear nothing but the faint sounds of a motor and wind (more wind than motor). Below is a race at bristol back in 2002. Can we get this audio of the cars back please?

I would rather start upfront with 4 lap tires. Too many issues that could arise starting at the back, maybe not as much at Fontana or some of the wider tracks but all in all upfront but thats not an issue anymore

So the guys that qualified get new tires? And the guys that didn’t qualify have to use old tires to start race ?
The ones that didn't qualify don't have any laps on their tires either, so there is no advantage for the ones that didn't qualify and they have to start in the back besides.
I thought NASCAR changed the rules? So the guys that didn’t qualify have to start on older tires? And the guys that qualified get new tires??
I already answered that once. :idunno: Post #134
Like I thought.. the guys that’s qualified do get new tires!
:confused::confused::confused:

Decent singing of a anthem

Hehehehe the Super Troopers , cant wait for ST2

drivers with four consecutive victories: Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Dale Earnhardt Sr., Bill Elliott, Harry Gant, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin, David Pearson, Billy Wade, Darrell Waltrip and Cale Yarborough.

Kevin Harvick?

You need to learn the difference between pre and post race penalties. You complained they didnt hit Truex hard enough, they didnt allow him to qualify and he started last but first had to pass pre race tech. What did you want them to do penalize him a lap? Come on man

Hey, you think NASCAR is doing just fine. I can only say we have a different opinion on the sport. Course based upon ratings, and track attendance, who knows...LOL.

Back
Top Bottom