2018 Homestead -- Ford EcoBoost 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

I thought it cheapened the format. It was like watching a KFC commercial 20 times during the race to me. Kinda insulting. Earnhardt called out some things the cars were doing, loose or tight etc. That is why I like the Fox guys so much more, they watch the cars and tell ya when so in so is fighting loose or tight. Gerbils don't care about that, they are too busy selling the playoffs
I don't think it would be any different if the networks swapped their portions of the season. If Fox carried the last 10 races, they'd be frothing over the playoff implications and cutoff races just as much as NBC does, and NBC would carry on as if the D500 was the be-all and end-all.

Your boy Joey better bring his game ! anybody but Harv will suit me just fine
I'm counting on it.. Tbh I think it will likely be the 4 or 18 but I'm not counting anyone out and I know with it all on the line Joey will be in the mix. I keep getting so excited at the thought of it actually happening. I can only imagine how excited I'll be if he pulls it off. If JJ can pull that 2016 cup out of nowhere like he did then anything is possible. Long as the jack holds up :D

Good luck!

I'm counting on it.. Tbh I think it will likely be the 4 or 18 but I'm not counting anyone out and I know with it all on the line Joey will be in the mix. I keep getting so excited at the thought of it actually happening. I can only imagine how excited I'll be if he pulls it off. If JJ can pull that 2016 cup out of nowhere like he did then anything is possible. Long as the jack holds up :D

Good luck!

Good luck to you too :salute:

Poke fun all u want.. it's Joey time!!
truex says it aint going to happen.
i predict a late race, fake debris caution,
denny stays out to lead the restart,
wipes out all 4 playoff cars, and himself.
kyle wins cup bc his wrecker tows him across the line first.

truex says it aint going to happen.
i predict a late race, fake debris caution,
denny stays out to lead the restart,
wipes out all 4 playoff cars, and himself.
kyle wins cup bc his wrecker tows him across the line first.
Truex won't do anything I guarantee it.. funny you mention all four cars wrecking though.. I was just talking to someone about that. Imagine the interview of the champion if they were all out of the race before it was over. Having to wait until the end of the race to celebrate. I think it'd be funny.

I hope Joey turns him myself, and it would probably happen on a restart.
I think Joey would be much more willing to take the championship by force than Truex would be.. and I would love every minute of it. That's a thing I find funny about all these people saying Truex will wreck Joey or he or Almirola will make it hard on him. Do they really think Joey won't do the exact same thing if he needs to? He's probably the most aggressive driver on the track he's not about to make it easy on them either. If he doesn't win it will be because he got beat not because he got wrecked on purpose .. Id be willing to bet on that.

images

Okay, yeah, so the pic is a little dated but are you familiar with this flag? You'll see it a lot this weekend with the Fab Four are cleared to move to the front of the field for the predictable game #7 moment.

I think what I'd like to see the most this Sunday afternoon/evening is Logano taking the White Flag with a closely trailing Martin Truex Jr. while Kevin Harvick runs 3rd.

images

Okay, yeah, so the pic is a little dated but are you familiar with this flag? You'll see it a lot this weekend with the Fab Four are cleared to move to the front of the field for the predictable game #7 moment.

I think what I'd like to see the most this Sunday afternoon/evening is Logano taking the White Flag with a closely trailing Martin Truex Jr. while Kevin Harvick runs 3rd.
I wish more non-Chase drivers would treat the Chasers like Newman races everybody every single week.

images

That way Harvick wins it. :D

That way Harvick wins it. :D
Yep, Harvick is my backup plan. Truex was going to exact some revenge in my scenario. I placed Harvick in 3rd just in case Truex's move doesn't go as planned. In any event, Logano would not win the war. #TeamTruvick

Some of em call Harvick the bully for a reason. KDB isn't going to do anything jiggy with him, he already found out a long time ago (ran like a rabbit) what was going to happen if he did. If he so much as touches Harvick it won't be pretty. I am not worried about Logano, he has a history. KDB might try Logano, but I think he and Harvick will stay off of each other. I don't think Truex knows how to turn anybody, I have never seen him do that. He might, but it would have to be for the win. We need a fan to steal the move over flag IMO.

Good luck!

Yeah, good luck @SlicedBread22. Always have appreciated your loyalty to Joey. The 4 has at least a tenth on the 18. Martin and Joey need good things to happen IMO. Could be a strategy thing to get the 18 to Victory Lane. Overall, as I have said, the 4's to lose, and God willing, he will.

Some of em call Harvick the bully for a reason. KDB isn't going to do anything jiggy with him, he already found out a long time ago (ran like a rabbit) what was going to happen if he did. If he so much as touches Harvick it won't be pretty. I am not worried about Logano, he has a history. KDB might try Logano, but I think he and Harvick will stay off of each other. I don't think Truex knows how to turn anybody, I have never seen him do that. He might, but it would have to be for the win. We need a fan to steal the move over flag IMO.

I don't think any of them will do anything completely stupid (maybe Delana's wife might), but there are debts owed, and this might be the race to cash in. Think Truex to Joey, and Kyle to Delana's wife (New Hampshire). The overhype drama filled beating the **** out of each other? No.

about the only thing Harvick is going to do stupid would be cussing out his pit crew after they screw up. In that vein Logano has a pit crew that can win him the race, heads and shoulders above anybody else when they are mistake free.

Good luck!
At this point I would like to remind people that Kyle has never won a championship where he was forced to race and compete for all 36 races.:eek: :nyanya::sarcasm:

At this point I would like to remind people that Kyle has never won a championship where he was forced to race and compete for all 36 races.:eek: :nyanya::sarcasm:
kyle just won the regular season championship, easy win , unless denny stays out and leads on the final restart.

Logano, wholesome? Who would have said that five years back?

I like this top 4. Could see a Truex vs Logano rivalry, Logano vs Busch has been pretty heated in recent years, and Kyle & Kevin don't exactly care for each other on the race track when push comes to shove.

Yeah, good luck @SlicedBread22. Always have appreciated your loyalty to Joey. The 4 has at least a tenth on the 18. Martin and Joey need good things to happen IMO. Could be a strategy thing to get the 18 to Victory Lane. Overall, as I have said, the 4's to lose, and God willing, he will.
I wouldn't be so sure.. only need to look as far back as the last two 1.5s to see that Kyle may not be as much of a favorite over Joey as most might think. I agree Harvick is the favorite but right now Id put Joey right behind him and I'm really trying not to be biased here. Truex has been out to lunch lately imo.

Nice avi, and thanks for the good karma.

Back
Top Bottom