2018 Homestead -- Ford EcoBoost 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

Hey smiley purple laughing guy....your boy hasn't won sh!t, but he got a new friend in Carl.
:lol2:

Hey man Carl is a good guy.. and I'm not worried. Joey likely hasn't even reached his prime yet. We'll be calling him champion one day. Maybe one day very soon :growl:

Random Homestead stat.

Untitled.jpg

I'm sure glad the Rams / Chiefs game is on Mon night instead of Sun...now I can concentrate solely on the NASCAR race this weekend. I hate multitasking. :director: GO Harvick.:cheers:

:lol2:

Hey man Carl is a good guy.. and I'm not worried. Joey likely hasn't even reached his prime yet. We'll be calling him champion one day. Maybe one day very soon :growl:

Well, hell ya, you think he is a good guy. He was hugging you crew chief on the box after taking your boy and himself out of the championship in 2016. Even said he was pulling for Joey when he had a teammate still running. Hope he stays on the tractor.....or sails the world....or whatever in the hell he is doing.

In that vein Logano has a pit crew that can win him the race, heads and shoulders above anybody else when they are mistake free.
So they are the best if they are not less than the best. Well said? Geez. Season is getting long.
hasn't figured out preacher's team doesn't have teammates.
You are so lucky to be part of the Tuesday debriefs. Wish I was you. Not really.
Don't care.
.....says the Panera loyalist on the Homestead pre-race thread.

Yet another deflating Phoenix race has me the least excited for the finale that I've probably ever been. Had high hopes to make the trip down this weekend to watch Chase go for it. Not to be.

Well, hell ya, you think he is a good guy. He was hugging you crew chief on the box after taking your boy and himself out of the championship in 2016. Even said he was pulling for Joey when he had a teammate still running. Hope he stays on the tractor.....or sails the world....or whatever in the hell he is doing.
Lol.. well there's that.. but no he was actually always my #2 driver.. him and Bowyer

I can't blame Carl, he was escaping like Logano did, they are dropping like flies over at the preachers. 100% turnover

I can't blame Carl, he was escaping like Logano did, they are dropping like flies over at the preachers. 100% turnover

Carl used Coach to get a Championship. Problem is Carl couldn't ball up when he needed to. Felt bad. Went farming, or swimming with dolphins.

Carl used Coach to get a Championship. Problem is Carl couldn't ball up when he needed to. Felt bad. Went farming, or swimming with dolphins.
Really? Carl was far and away the best car of the championship 4 that day. Then of course the guy who ran the worst of them all day goes on to win the cup but still.. he had the car to beat that day of the playoff drivers hands down don't give me this couldn't ball up nonsense he just got out-Joey'd.. don't expect any less from the best on restarts.

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2018/11/15/martin-truex-jr-bump-and-run-joey-logano-miami/

Absolutely,” Truex said on Thursday at Championship 4 Media Day. “I have a free pass, he already told me that. Told me it’s fair game, so here we go.”

See, what's wrong with this.. is that Truex needs a "pass" to race Logano hard. Does he not realize that Joey will race harder than him with no "free pass"?!.. If he now feels like he can race Joey harder than the rest based on what happened at Martinsville.. chances are he's going to lose to all of them. With a championship on the line a driver shouldn't need to be influenced by what others do in order to do whatever it takes to win it all. Joey has no issue in that category. He'll race you hard no matter what.. not just based on who or when or why.

..and yeah yeah I know "he's already a champion" bla bla bla.. if you don't get what I'm saying here then no need to argue the point because we're on different levels.

I'm not worried about any of em except on restarts, this package is all about restarts and clean air. Any of them so much as dent a fender, knock in a quarter, unless they can get the pit crew to tweak it for an advantage, they are done.

I'm not worried about any of em except on restarts, this package is all about restarts and clean air. Any of them so much as dent a fender, knock in a quarter, unless they can get the pit crew to tweak it for an advantage, they are done.
Restarts are Joey time! Guaranteed we get a late race restart with Joey in the top four.. we have a first time champion this season!

Either one of the Toyotas winning it all this weekend would be fine by me.

Random Homestead stat.

View attachment 36880
That Homestead stat is very misleading. The 78 was upfront and in contention for the win when the turn 1 wreck took him,Edwards,the 22,2 etc... out and then the 78 won it in 2017. He is very good at Homestead and in my opinion they will be loaded for bear on Sunday and win 2 in a row.

That Homestead stat is very misleading. The 78 was upfront and in contention for the win when the turn 1 wreck took him,Edwards,the 22,2 etc... out and then the 78 won it in 2017. He is very good at Homestead and in my opinion they will be loaded for bear on Sunday and win 2 in a row.
Nah

Back
Top Bottom