2018 Indianapolis -- Big Machine Vodka 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Saw that parking in the Indy lot was $40/ticket.

giphy.gif

I saw that thread too. Apparently it’s more expensive to go to empty-assed Indy during the 400 than pretty much any other race in the country. Comical. No wonder it’s empty. Good job George family.

I saw that thread too. Apparently it’s more expensive to go to empty-assed Indy during the 400 than pretty much any other race in the country. Comical. No wonder it’s empty. Good job George family.
I heard they gigged the dirt fans with parking and seat costs also.

Pockrass reports ticket sales were up compared to last year and from what I seen on Twitter, not all parking was that way, but FWIW that was from Twitter.

Pockrass reports ticket sales were up compared to last year and from what I seen on Twitter, not all parking was that way, but FWIW that was from Twitter.

I haven't read anything on the Indy twitter about refunds if they can't make the race(s) on Monday either so far.

Just back from the track about an hour ago. Considering that it never stopped misting rain the entire time we were on the grounds, 10 AM-3PM, I thought the crowd DID look bigger than last year. Not spectacular, but bigger. As for the parking, infield parking in the turn 3 lot is $25. They were offering some premium spots for $75. I have been bitching about the infield parking charge since they instituted it a few years ago, being that for roughly 100 years infield parking was always free, but just to keep it in perspective, all of the fans that have traditionally parked on private property OUTSIDE the track were paying that much and more anyway. Indy does NOT offer pass outs, so if you park off of track property, you are not getting back to your car until the race is over, making infield parking a more valuable commodity

Hey guys, I have to work today, I don’t have dvr what’s the best way to watch race when I get home? Or is it even a way to watch it soon as I get home? I know they put the races up on YouTube but do they as soon as the race is over? This will be my first race I have missed since I starting watching :(

5:13AM Indiana time, getting reading to load the gear into the SUV and head back to the track. With Monday morning traffic on the last third of our trip, we won't get to our seats any too early for the Xfinity Race.

Hey guys, I have to work today, I don’t have dvr what’s the best way to watch race when I get home? Or is it even a way to watch it soon as I get home? I know they put the races up on YouTube but do they as soon as the race is over? This will be my first race I have missed since I starting watching :(
You'd probably have to wait a few days for it to show up on the NASCAR YouTube channel

WTHR calls for a 10% chance of rain up until noon, then it's 20% for an hour or so before dropping back to 10% for the rest of the afternoon.
Will we see a full double header today? Rain delays? Racing to ''halfway"? Postponed? What's it going to be? Indy doesn't have lights.

I paid $80 to park for the 500 this past February. It was $100 to be about 30 yards closer.

If y'all ever come to Daytona, bring your piggy bank.
Was that in one of the track's lots or private property? (I'm assuming Daytona has its own lots, but I've never been there.)

If y'all ever come to Daytona, bring your piggy bank.
Yup, I know, friends live in Stewart and according to them restaurants have different menu's for Speedweeks. Motels and hotels jack up the cost of rooms. Gas, etc.. Everyone gets in while the getting is good..
We stayed at the Maverick in Ormond beach. One of the guy's had a sister who was a writer for a travel magazine. We paid less than half for a week what rooms were going for a night. Just had to write a review.

Nice parka.

9 degrees of banking or 9 degrees period?

Was that in one of the track's lots or private property? (I'm assuming Daytona has its own lots, but I've never been there.)
Yeah they have a few of their own lots, but the majority of their parking is down and across the street at the different businesses. Speedway Blvd is lined with tons of stores and restaurants. Where I parked was a Best Buy, and it's about 3/4 mile walk to the front gates.

When's the green flag scheduled? I'm usually home from work by 5:20 ET. Hopefully I'll catch the majority of the final stage.

Anybody else no where I can watch race when I get off around 6?? Please let me know ASAP thanks

The National Anthem will be sung by Carly Pearce. She's pretty good, I hope she does the Anthem right.

Oh lordy, they replaced Carly with this err umm well whatever. Just damn.

Jeff Burton on last year's race. 3 wide wont work, Jimmie Johnson, car gets away from him.

Fake drama. Does he not remember the 48 was blowing up, and leaking oil and fluids?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom