2018 Indianapolis -- Big Machine Vodka 400 - Pre-Race Thread

I believe the 2003 New England 300 at New Hampshire is the race they are talking about as being the last one without practice. It looks like the Time Trials were rained out for it as well.

I was trying to think of another race where the Cup cars took the green flag having never turned a single lap leading up to it and could not think of one. Does anybody remember it happening? How about for Xfinity or the trucks?

I can't recall it happening for any of the top 3 NASCAR series, however it did happen with a NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race at Dover a few years ago (i think 2015).
It was a Friday evening race and I believe they ran the race very early saturday morning, they definitely didn't do any practice or qualifying.

some kind of graphics package. The car will probably never hit the street, I think Hendrick buys most of them
343B24F1DFF74B12859CDC880A016510.ashx
Well, with any luck we'll only have to look at it four times - warm-ups, the anticipated comp caution, and the restarts after the stages.

I posted this once before I thought. for the technically impaired the underlined text will take you to the article

Drivers will face a challenge that they’ve never experienced in Cup
It has been years - possibly decades, according to some observers - that a Cup race has been run without any practice.
Yeah, I completely overlooked that. I made some changes to my fantasy team, placing more emphasis on driver experience. We'll see if I zigged when I should have zagged.

Raceday fan prediction on past winners who win today, ''Newman by a neck....''
2648624395.gif

I know it is still technically summer, but once pumpkin spice everything hits the shelves it automatically becomes fall. If they had not moved the race date the rain would not have happened because...

God didn't make little green apples
And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime

Read more: Roger Miller - Little Green Apples Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Except last summer.

Yeah this isn't happening today

Back
Top Bottom