2018 Martinsville -- First Data 500 - Pre-Race Thread

I really like the quote below from the tweet. I never liked them having to go to the rear for an inspection infraction and still getting a very good pit selection. It didn't make any sense to me. Several times kybu said that going to the rear didn't bother him much because he had the #1 pit stall and would make it back to the front.

"Will pick pits after all cars through first time Sunday morning #nascar"

There sure have been fewer failures going thru inspection after that happened, pit selection is more important than starting position. Took the game playing out of it.

No way to tell. It's in NASCAR's best interest to quit calling every little thing as a means of projecting the image that they have reigned the teams in. No way to tell. Never will be....even with the "objective" OSS. Boy, those Fords are always so fast. Fascinating.

1952 Martinsville

GettyImages-109006078.jpg
Thank god for that safer barrier

No way to tell. It's in NASCAR's best interest to quit calling every little thing as a means of projecting the image that they have reigned the teams in. No way to tell. Never will be....even with the "objective" OSS. Boy, those Fords are always so fast. Fascinating.
Your lil buddy doesn't think so, he thinks it is a disadvantage to have four cars in the playoffs. :confused: you guys need to get on the same page.

Curious as to what the 9 has going on, maybe aiming for long run speed again, cause they were way down the 10 lap chart.

Bubba wads up the front end halfway through Q. Going to the backup.

Think he drove in too hard and wheel hoped.

Bubba is solid here, I hope he can have a good race come tomorrow. Its just unfortunate that he's crunched up a lot of cars this year. Many issues not of his doing, but it doesn't help RPM's already slim bottom line.

They didn't need one for Talladega, the practice was so short. They have one for Martinsville. That is what smaller teams do BTW.

Dustin Long‏ @dustinlong
NEWS ... @DavidRagan car fails inspection (mechanical measurements). Qualifying time disallowed. Loses his 14th starting spot and now starts at the rear. Loses pit stall pick. 38 and 78 are the cars that have failed inspection so far at @MartinsvilleSwy
Dustin Long‏ @dustinlong
#NASCAR ... Update on inspection ... Cars of @jamiemcmurray, @Chris_Buescher @RyanJNewman, @AJDinger and @AlexBowman88 have all passed this morning at @MartinsvilleSwy
Dustin Long‏ @dustinlong
#NASCAR ... @chaseelliott car passes inspection. So 7 of the 8 playoff cars cleared on first attempt. 78 was the only playoff car NOT to pass inspection.

Last edited:
Curious as to what the 9 has going on, maybe aiming for long run speed again, cause they were way down the 10 lap chart.

Is it inconceivable that he is not fast this weekend? I get it because he is Chase and everything, but cut your guy some slack. He is still Chasing History.

Back
Top Bottom