2018 Martinsville -- First Data 500 - Pre-Race Thread

Those hot dogs are seriously the best hot dogs I've ever had in my life. I love everything about Martinsville.

Are you going to one of the Daytona races next year? I need to start planning a vacation :cool:
Yessir! Will try to do both but for sure in July. You let me know and I'm there with beers a plenty.

Maybe we can convince @Johali to come on down.
:cheers:

Those hot dogs are seriously the best hot dogs I've ever had in my life. I love everything about Martinsville.

Are you going to one of the Daytona races next year? I need to start planning a vacation :cool:
The only one for sure that we're going to next year is Sonoma. Hopefully we can squeeze in a few more.

Dude, you gotta get your priorities in order. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Note to self: never tell the Internet that I can't do something because 'we' have to attend someone else's wedding.

The guy getting married is a longtime good friend of mine. The wife is just tagging along. And if I went to a race without her, she would kill me. She has become quite the race fan :D

Hermie Sadler III in #107 for Premium motorsports? I didn't know Nascar had triple digit car numbers.

FIRST-DATA-500-146x110.png

upload_2018-10-23_12-13-43.png

I thought I had read somewhere Nascar didn't allow triple digit numbers. Eh, I kinda had it half right, they don't on the car.
For administrative purposes, the official car number may be a three-digit number, however on the car only two digits are displayed (i.e. 100 and 200 would both display as 00).

I thought I had read somewhere Nascar didn't allow triple digit numbers. Eh, I kinda had it half right, they don't on the car.
For administrative purposes, the official car number may be a three-digit number, however on the car only two digits are displayed (i.e. 100 and 200 would both display as 00).
I guess that's why Kyle Bush cant run the 666. :)

I kinda thought oil can harry would work for Kyle's emoji or whatever it is called. Insert the proper bag of M&M's between them
iu

The guy getting married is a longtime good friend of mine. The wife is just tagging along. And if I went to a race without her, she would kill me. She has become quite the race fan :D
Ah, I see now. It's HER that should be going to the race without YOU! :p

That long line of parked motorhomes parked up on the backstretch at Kansas is 2 grand a season minimum and there is a waiting list. Kansas Infield parking for RV's can run 950 a season and there is a waiting list also. And shhh, seat counters think those are empty boxes painted white.

"Affordable".
Certainly not to those of us that got the boot from that prime seating location. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself.

What I can say that we're less than a week away from this event and they are still pushing to sell the allotted 200 tickets to this reformatted location. I'm sure that they'll find a way to fill their quota before the green falls this weekend but I can't help but wonder how long this experiment will last. I do hate that this was at the expense of those of us that supported that track for many years. They seem to be changing themselves right out of an existing fan-base. That's not a great way to do business IMO.

Ol Rutt will be up there during the race I bet. Porkchopping around.
Gods, I hadn't even thought about that. I wish the network would find something entertaining / useful for him to do. Maybe steam some wienies for the Boy Scouts to sell this weekend. or shred cabbage for slaw, or pick up empties in the RV lot.

They will probably have a runner going back and fourth from the hot dog stand to the sky deck. That will be a good interview for Rutt. "how many hot dogs have you carried up here."

They will probably have a runner going back and fourth from the hot dog stand to the sky deck. That will be a good interview for Rutt. "how many hot dogs have you carried up here."
Rutt should BE that runner, except I doubt if anyone up on that platform eats anything as plebeian as hot dogs.

Looking forward to the chaos and the post race scuffle between a couple title contenders.

Certainly not to those of us that got the boot from that prime seating location. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself.

What I can say that we're less than a week away from this event and they are still pushing to sell the allotted 200 tickets to this reformatted location. I'm sure that they'll find a way to fill their quota before the green falls this weekend but I can't help but wonder how long this experiment will last. I do hate that this was at the expense of those of us that supported that track for many years. They seem to be changing themselves right out of an existing fan-base. That's not a great way to do business IMO.
Isn't this what NASCAR has been doing for 10 years?

You got it!

Cannot wait for Sunday. Martinsville is just the best with these cars.

IMO this package has been so good with the short tracks and road courses. NASCAR seems to be pulling a page out of the modified playbook, lower the HP for bigger tracks and raise it up to keep em on edge for the smaller ones for next year

Back
Top Bottom