2018 Supercross Season

Daytona may be mad at them for not agreeing to do planned debris cautions.

Odd.... No Daytona on the schedule this year . Wonder why? Hmmmmm.
http://supercross.com/2018-supercross-tickets-for-sale/
I bet this anomaly is because Feld Motor Sports owns all the SX races except Daytona, and this link is probably a Feld-owned website. As we all know, the France family report card has always carried the notation, "Doesn't play well with others."

PS: I think the Daytona round also excludes Monster promotions, Monster girls, etc.

I bet this anomaly is because Feld Motor Sports owns all the SX races except Daytona, and this link is probably a Feld-owned website. As we all know, the France family report card has always carried the notation, "Doesn't play well with others."

PS: I think the Daytona round also excludes Monster promotions, Monster girls, etc.

Feld Motorsports doesn't play well with other companies either for the most part.

It's still listed on their schedule.

Nailed it

Hoping for a big comeback for Roczen, hoping Tomac stays on his A game.

Last edited:
Random thought, why doesn't Bristol Motor Speedway do a Supercross race? I realize they're Feld Motorsports and they're going to domes, but it would be a good venue for it.

Random thought, why doesn't Bristol Motor Speedway do a Supercross race? I realize they're Feld Motorsports and they're going to domes, but it would be a good venue for it.

One of the reasons it is said that Bristol hasn't ever done the conversion to dirt surface again since the 2000 and 2001 World of Outlaws events is because the sheer amount of dirt that was brought in with heavy trucks damaged the surrounding roads significantly. I don't know how the amount of dirt required to build a Supercross track in the infield compares. It could be done, but I think Bristol wants to focus on other priorities for additional events like concerts and football.

Pretty excited for this Saturday, big fan of SuperCross. Thinking about going to the St Louis Race in March

All of the marketing hype right now is centered on Tomac vs. Roczen. While I'd love to see that rivalry develop, Musquin has to be the real favorite currently based on how dominantly he was riding in the latter quarter of 2017. Right? I guess we'll find out tomorrow night.

All of the marketing hype right now is centered on Tomac vs. Roczen. While I'd love to see that rivalry develop, Musquin has to be the real favorite currently based on how dominantly he was riding in the latter quarter of 2017. Right? I guess we'll find out tomorrow night.

Marvin doesn’t stand a chance against a healthy Roczen and a focused Tomac imo.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Barcia does on the factory Yamaha, and CR22 on the privateer husky.

I’m so ****** hyped on tonight. Racing is starting to come back!

These 450 heat races have been unusually eventful and entertaining. Roczen looking tentative early but stronger as the race went on. I hope Dean Wilson isn't hurt bad, that was a nasty hit.

That said, the second hour of the program is awfully light on racing and long on filler content now that they've scrapped the 450 semis. This doesn't need to be a three-hour telecast.

Pants falling down...thats a new way to lose a race

WTF Eli. His wipeout was just a bizarre and inexplicable loss of concentration. Then the pants deal, but it seems his shoulder was the real problem.

I didn't necessarily think Musquin was going to win when I made the earlier favorite comment, but I think he has the poise to turn his bad nights into 7th places rather than 20ths. I'm not sure the same can be said for either Tomac or Roczen. It was awesome to see Roczen with a solid run and 4th place, but he very nearly crashed out too.

Ugh, so disappointed in Eli’s ride. Those heat races were FUN! I hope Bisceglia and Deano, and Eli for that matter.. are ok.

WTF Eli. His wipeout was just a bizarre and inexplicable loss of concentration. Then the pants deal, but it seems his shoulder was the real problem.

I didn't necessarily think Musquin was going to win when I made the earlier favorite comment, but I think he has the poise to turn his bad nights into 7th places rather than 20ths. I'm not sure the same can be said for either Tomac or Roczen. It was awesome to see Roczen with a solid run and 4th place, but he very nearly crashed out too.

For the most part Musquin appeared to be very very smooth .... and his KTM is probably the class of the field. I am expecting some good stuff from him this season

The pass on Barcia ..... some really good stuff

Last edited:
For the most part Musquin appeared to be very very smooth .... and his KTM is probably the class of the field. I am expecting some good stuff from him this season

The pass on Barcia ..... some really good stuff

His jumping thru the whoops didn’t hurt him last night, but I feel like it will in the long run. Still rode great, can’t take anything away from Tha Frenchman

I had a great time yesterday. We arrived at the stadium around 9.30 am and had breakfast out in the parking lot while we shot the bull with the fans parked next to us. Then around noon we went into the pits and walked around and checked out some of the entertainment " the extreme bicycle competition was bad ass". Then we went over and shot the bull with my buddy Brian that drives Eli Tomacs hauler until it was time for Eli to go do is second qualifying session, and then we went in and watched Roczen take the number 1 spot away from him. Then it was time to go back out to the parking lot and throw some kick ass steaks on the grill. The rest of the night we split the time between our seats and a friends suite where we ate more snacks. I thought the 250 race was better then the 450 last night. After the racing was done we went back out to the parking lot and threw some bratwursts on the grill and then shot the bull until around midnight while the traffic thinned out. The poor old bull got shot a lot yesterday.:)

Roger and his baby

a.jpg

Marvin doesn’t stand a chance against a healthy Roczen and a focused Tomac imo.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Barcia does on the factory Yamaha, and CR22 on the privateer husky.

I’m so ******* hyped on tonight. Racing is starting to come back!
Bam Bam looked pretty strong last night but Chad just didn't have anything for them.

Finally got around to the A-1 race on the DVR. Glad the season is off and running.
Lucky Nitro Dude on site for the event is cool too. 2 rounds on the grill - awesome tailgating !
Congrats to Musquin. Happy Roczen is getting on with knocking the cobwebs off.
The Tomac of old raised its ugly head. Seems he still has pace but has some mental adjusting yet to do.
How do you not cheer for Reed. Goes out and buys his own bike , grabs the wife, and they
head out to go do some supercross racing. Fun vacation!

Roczen is a bad ass, really they all are.
But it was great to think about and see how far he has come. A fairy tale would have him winning the comeback race.
Still the same coming back and having speed is absolutely real world incredible.

When it comes to modern day racers being rugged warriors like F1 and Indianapolis drivers though the 50s and 70', these guys are today's warrior

When it comes to modern day racers being rugged warriors like F1 and Indianapolis drivers though the 50s and 70', these guys are today's warrior

That's a great point. There are plenty of other forms of racing that require good physical conditioning, but the beating these guys take and how close they have to ride on the edge of disaster to be fast is remarkable.

Roczen is a bad ass, really they all are.
But it was great to think about and see how far he has come. A fairy tale would have him winning the comeback race.
Still the same coming back and having speed is absolutely real world incredible.

Yep .......... some of the greatest athletes around

Whataver happened to James Stewart coming back and having a ride in 2018?

Back
Top Bottom