2018 Texas -- AAA TEXAS 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

Texas is a really cool turning point for NASCAR in track history.

In 1989 New Hampshire Motor Speedway was built, kinda in the middle of nowhere. Originally built to hold 70-80k. Very modest suite setup, limited parking. This was all the original oval track build out- they added on in capacity to the grandstands and built up the north end for parking/camping but not til the later 90s.

Just 7 years later...Bruton Smith builds Texas Motor Speedway close to huge urban centers. And it is goliath in every sense. Massive front and backstretch grandstands for 180k+...double-decker suites across the entire front stretch. 2 massive towers with its own club, and condos.

Just the astronomical growth that happened in that 7 year stretch is mind-blowing, evident in track infrastructural. I think it's cool at least...

Texas Parking

Reactions: Pat
upload_2018-11-2_8-4-57.png

Happy with the pole sitter but I wish the 9 had more speed. Also, looks like about 5 weeks in a row where the 42 is complete junk.

Hope race trim looks better.

Happy with the pole sitter but I wish the 9 had more speed. Also, looks like about 5 weeks in a row where the 42 is complete junk.

Hope race trim looks better.
I'm just looking toward Homestead...

... Also, looks like about 5 weeks in a row where the 42 is complete junk. Hope race trim looks better.
Fantasy note for 2019: Are you in a league that limits the number of times you can pick a driver? Based on '17 and '18, use all your Larson starts before the Chase.

Phoenix and Homestead are much more interesting races than Texas unless the track gets better.

You want to see some carrying on, wait until Rev shows up, it will be my fault the Fords are 1-5. :D

Rude Awakening. If Ford/NASCAR/OSS lose this championship, it will be the biggest choke job ever, and I will remind everybody of that for the three months until Daytona. Between now and then, I continue to be amused by the lack of squealing over the lack of parity in stark contrast to last year at this time. If you weren't so knowledgeable (and I mean that), it would be impossible to take you seriously. I wish I knew where Ford made gains. That is what is lacking in the coverage of this freakin' sport. Why the hell can't anybody break this down? It would be fascinating. Kez says the cars suck 12 months ago, and now nobody can touch them. It has to be more than splitter and motor..... I want to know!.....BTW, you have been babbling about only the SHR Fords being fast, you ready to about face on that? For "rrrrracin'" fans this must be agony. I don't mind the underdog. If WE win this thing, it will be all talent.

i wonder if ganassi is changing to ford or toy next year and is not getting anymore help from hendrick.they race honda in indy and ford in imsa,they just cant get this bad over night.

Texas Motorsports Hall of fame ceremony. He was inducted along with others. SMH
A likely story. I wonder if anyone saw him sneaking into the Leavine Family Racing hauler for a secret meeting... wearing dark glasses and his cap pulled down low covering his face? I really wonder if anyone saw that.

(Don't ask about my sources... I just made it up, LOL.)

I'm down the road at the ChopShop if anyone wants to stop by. Having some good events in between all the race action. Keselowski was up here yesterday signing autographs and pictures.

Attachments

• chl.jpg
    chl.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 114
HMS on suicide watch after 2nd practice

Buescher was faster than all the Hendrick cars the second practice using one of their engines for the first time at Texas and his 14th place wasn't particularly fast.

Back
Top Bottom