2019 Auto Club Speedway --Auto Club 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

The amateurish fits-and-starts antics on Pit Road is an embarrassment to Motorsports...
All this angst and anger about qualifying is misplaced. The embarrassment is having cars with anemic power and huge drag and huge downforce that need a tow to get around the racetrack. You guys are complaining about a derivative symptom rather than the actual root cause of the problem. Just my $0.02.

Sometimes I dream of a broadcast where the announcers don't try to explain the minutiae for an hour and just let the race unfold with a bit of mystery.

If Custer drives it I hope he gets a top 5. Yes sir, that would be cool.
I hope he wins if he gets in. Let NASCAR try to explain why that would qualify Dillon for the playoffs without looking like a joke.

Rey Mysterio.

One of my all-time favs.:D

tenor.gif

Not sure how much I would want to be Custer right now. Knowing you might get to drive a cup car, WOOHOOOO
Also knowing that cup car will be covered in puke and maybe poo when you get in :unsure:

All this angst and anger about qualifying is misplaced. The embarrassment is having cars with anemic power and huge drag and huge downforce that need a tow to get around the racetrack. You guys are complaining about a derivative symptom rather than the actual root cause of the problem. Just my $0.02.

The Car Formula (El Package) has already been set for the Season (subject to change of course :D).

The grieving process for that Car Formula is now less relevant (Garage is now in "Acceptance") as the Season has started --

and now NASCAR (Scott Miller, et al) has to tweak other rules (Qualifying for instance) to get their desired results...

NASCAR is Live Theater -- Good Racing, Bad Racing, Good Entertainment, Bad Entertainment -- opinions vary... :)

I do and will prefer single-car qualifying no matter what, but I'll certainly agree that the current cars only exacerbate how I feel about knockout qualifying. It went from something I didn't care about anymore to something that embarrasses the sport.

Back
Top Bottom