2019 Brazilian Grand Prix

This has to be a problem with the FIA controls itself. No way do 6 different teams **** in the same way, in the same place all at the same time. Maybe lights not working properly or something?
They were having transponder issues today with some cars.

First, Ricciardo under steered into Mags so apologies to Mags blaming him before I saw the incident. He's still has more incidents like this than almost anyone else though.

Verstappen: Simply a brilliant drive and Honda finally has it all right.

Hamilton: Where does a guy with six championships already in the bag find that kind of fighting spirit?

Gasly: Redemption. Guess he's probably going to keep that ride now, and rightfully so.

Sainz: Career day.....hope he avoids a penalty.

Albon: Just wow and a shame it all went away from him.

Botas: Completely unremarkable day

Ferrari: Self destruct mode engaged..............again. Those two are going to end up at each other's throats. and it looks like they are already halfway there.

Confirmed: Hamilton penalized 5 seconds, Sainz promoted to third.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sainz-podium-brazil-drs-mclaren/4599285/

You know, the Ferraris collide on a straight piece of road and Hamilton gets penalized for trying to make legitimate pass. We finally had a cracking good race and the officials have to mess it up.

Meanwhile, fantastic race for Sainz and McLaren. It's not good for F1 when McLaren isn't competitive, but they are getting closer. When they get the Merc engine they will probably be back at the front because the car is pretty good.

Mercedes seems to have lost a step and they can now be beaten in a straight fight. I also like seeing Hamilton having to fight because that's when we get the best Lewis Hamilton. He was great today but Verstappen just had too much for him. You could clearly see Gasly begin to pull away on the run to the flag, so Mercedes no longer has that insurmountable power advantage. Looks like Honda is at least as powerful.

Ferrari went into self destruct in Adelaide and stayed there most of the year. They have the resources and they have a good car, but just when they look like they are putting it all together they tear it all back down. They had a crazy self-destructive season, and it's not going to get any better with the teammates fighting each other like they are enemies. If they don't get a grip on that they will just continue to have problems like today. They were better off with a designated #1 and #2 and it may come that if the drivers don't start working together.

Red Bull? Verstappen is definitely going to be in the title fight as long as he stays out of silly accidents. I mean, how many times did h damage the car on the first lap this year? If he can clean that up, today's form will go a long way towards a championship next year.

In all it was pretty entertaining and what F1 really needed. Let's hope the finale is just as good.

I kinda have a feeling Mercedes has been sandbagging (not the drivers) the last few weeks and have all their focus on next season. Hope I’m wrong because I want a good title battle but wouldn’t be remotely surprised to see them dominate out of the gate again next season. I would love it to be as competitive as today was though

The Hamilton penalty is, quite frankly, mindboggling. I'm not sure what Hamilton was supposed to do when Gasly made no effort to defend until Lewis was already halfway up his car length and turned down on him.

Regardless, very cool moment for McLaren.

EJmxGHUXkAE3nkM.jpg

FIA: Hamilton opted not to defend himself to stewards

Completely unnecessary considering no one even blinked when the Ferraris collided on a straight piece of road, but it's good know the champion is a stand up guy who takes responsibility for himself. At worse it was one of those supposed "racing incidents," and it's on the steward that they can tell the difference between that and all the outright thuggery they seem to approve of every week.

They say they want the guys to be able to race, but then they crack down on a legitimate pass that was 50/50 at worst and more like Albon drove onto the road that Lewis was already on. Meanwhile they allowed Mags to absolutely crucify Leclerc on the straight last year at Suzuka and Verstapen to ram LeClec off the road Austria. There is an incident like those almost every weekend and that seems to fine.

This was my "anyone but Hamilton" year, but he makes it tough to be that way when he is the lone man a sea of children. Everyone else just makes excuses and then Hamilton turns around and says "it was my fault. Give me the penalty." Then he gets beat by a Torro Rosso and says "he was completely fair and correct." Hamilton loses with the same grace with which he wins.

Damm, I am sick of the domination, but I am a fan of the man himself just because of the man he is.

I agree. I think the only reason Hamilton got penalized is because he admitted it was his fault even though it was a 50/50 deal.
The Hamilton penalty is, quite frankly, mindboggling. I'm not sure what Hamilton was supposed to do when Gasly made no effort to defend until Lewis was already halfway up his car length and turned down on him.

Regardless, very cool moment for McLaren.

EJmxGHUXkAE3nkM.jpg

What bothers me is you can swerve over in front of a faster car on the straight, cause a collision at terminal speed, and that's perfectly fine. Verstappen shoves LeClerc off the road Austria...no penalty. The Ferraris took each other completely out on the straight, no less.....but hey, what's a friendly 200 mph collision between teammates? Leclerc shoves Hamilton off the road twice at Monza and there was not even an investigation. Hamilton asked for clarification (not protesting though) but it's been stony silence from the FIA on that.

It goes on and on and over the years I've lost track of how many a potentially deadly dirty tricks are just deemed "hard, but fair." Hard, maybe but nothing fair about chopping, swerving and running into each other on the straights.

And they consistently let it slide, all while preaching so much "safety" that we have to live with the hideous and emasculated circuits that have miles of paved runoff. I guess they have to make everything so safe because the drivers race like rabid little zombie children. Frankly, the animals are running the zoo.

The rules seem to greatly favor the defending driver, to the point almost every dirty, dangerous trick in the book is ok, but a racing incident is a penalty. Then everyone is upset one can pass anyone. Remember, you can't race with people you don't trust, and right now that everyone but Lewis, Ricciardo and Kimi.Like, would anyone here even dream of trying to pass Magnusson?

I agree with this take. Vettel is just not reliable enough anymore to be behaving this way and expecting to dominate the team. If allowed to continue, he is holding them back, to the extent that anyone can hold back such a bumbling group.

Back
Top Bottom