2019 Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix

I'm too much of a NASCAR fan but maybe I should have watched the full race on an app instead of tuning in with 20 to go.

The current state of NASCAR racing on big tracks allowed me to pay close to full attention to this race today. :)

Yeah, the last 20 laps were basically the least interesting (or eventful at least) portion of the race. I can't say the randomness of how cautions fall and their outsized impact on track position and outcome in this series don't bother me. They do. There were also too many guys driving over their heads today for my taste. But the difficulty of driving this course was also evident, and there were a few good battles that didn't end in carnage.

I still think it's dumb Detroit has 2 races. I guess IndyCar has to do whatever to get more races and attendance

Didn't that start because a bunch of street courses were doubleheaders? Detroit's just the last holdout.

IndyCar really needs a schedule revamp.

8 cautions in the first five races before the 500, 9 cautions this weekend. I think that says a lot. Weird weekend.
Didn't that start because a bunch of street courses were doubleheaders? Detroit's just the last holdout.

IndyCar really needs a schedule revamp.
Toronto went from singleheader to doubleheader and back. The failed Houston event was a doubleheader too. Back when the series was still on shaky ground the first several years after the merger.

I think they've done well to go back to places like Road America and Laguna Seca. COTA was probably one of the better races that track has seen. The ovals are just difficult to make work financially. I hope they can pull off a doubleheader or two with NASCAR because they could definitely use a couple more. I'm still hoping and praying on a Richmond or Chicagoland event. I think they need to focus more on getting those domestic events than Miles going off to explore a grand prix in Fairbanks or Beirut or whatever.

I'd like to see Chicagoland & Richmond personally along with Surfers Paradise or Mexico City for 19-20 races.

I've personally been wishing IndyCar would bring back the Fremont Street Las Vegas race if they aren't gonna go back to LVMS but that's wishful thinking.

I really haven't seen many rumors for 2020.

NBC needs to get their sh!t together.

Feed goes out on a crucial restart. And this isn't the first time this has happened to NBC this year.

NBC is usually better than this, so let's hope they had an off day. They were not this bad yesterday.

Still, it's worth pointing out that the sound was messed up the entire telecast. They should take their sound man out back and shoot him.

The music they played going to commercials was beyond horrible.

None of this stopped me from enjoying the race though.

Great result for Ericsson, who I thought was underrated in F1.

Power came back from the dead to finish 3rd. How the heck did that happen?

I think we can all now agree that Santino Ferrucci is for real.

The collision between Newgarden, Hinchcliffe and Rossi was the most comical thing I've ever seen. Whomever was running fourth at the time must have had a good laugh.

Detriot's a horrible race, and it's impossible for IndyCar to keep any momentum with that snoozer following Indy.

I liked Saturday, but I'll fully admit that the rain and cautions helped a lot. Wouldn't miss this track being replaced by Michigan.

Detriot's a horrible race, and it's impossible for IndyCar to keep any momentum with that snoozer following Indy.

Yeah, but that was no snoozer. Like, when was the last time you saw a race so hard fought the first three cars took each other out? Will Power's crazy day alone made the race worth watching.

Chevrolet wants us at Detroit, so as long as we want Chevrolet, we gotta live with this race. Admittedly any oval would be better (like say, MIS) but Detroit is much improved over the last few years. It used to be a ****hole, but Penske poured a lot of money into it and took out a lot of unnecessary twisty stuff, and it's actually a racy track now.

But, the good news is that Texas is next.

Yeah, if Detroit's gotta stay, that's fine. I think there's other tracks I wouldn't mind seeing do a dual (not NASCAR) doubleheader weekend though.

Yeah, if Detroit's gotta stay, that's fine. I think there's other tracks I wouldn't mind seeing do a dual (not NASCAR) doubleheader weekend though.

They used to run a dual at Toronto and that was always good. Duals are great for us but brutal on the crews.

Back
Top Bottom