2019 Darlington -- Bojangles Southern 500 Night Race -- Pre-Race Thread

I'm sure they want to do all they can to get it in tonight with the hurricane coming up this way and alot of fans will need to get home and prepare for the storm.

Yay, ive got a monsoon storm rolling in

IMO it would be pretty sh!t of NASCAR to call the race due to a pre determined deadline if there is no rain in the forecast at a track that is supposed to be a night race anyway. The fans at the track have waited and deserve a show in the right conditions.
Dude, I work past 2am most days. I'm still wide awake, lets get this in! One of my favorites of the year, every year.

Fans want to see this, too. I feel for the fans, I know the feeling. This race is also good for the community, especially with the amount of uncertainty at the moment with the weather.

It’s not raining in this part of Ohio, if that helps them out at all

IMO it would be pretty sh!t of NASCAR to call the race due to a pre determined deadline if there is no rain in the forecast at a track that is supposed to be a night race anyway. The fans at the track have waited and deserve a show in the right conditions.
And they wont

Nothingburger over here
Very windy over here.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 630 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1100 PM MST
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
AZ

. ARIZONA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE
GILA LA PAZ MARICOPA
PIMA PINAL YAVAPAI
YUMA
Literraly just north of Luke by like 3 miles so that cell is effecting us.
Zg6CcW5.png

It’s not raining in this part of Ohio, if that helps them out at all

Where are you at in Ohio?

I'm just a bit west of Columbus. I was in Northwest Ohio all day and it rained a ton, especially during the drive back home to Columbus a few hours ago

Where are you at in Ohio?

I'm just a bit west of Columbus. I was in Northwest Ohio all day and it rained a ton, especially during the drive back home to Columbus a few hours ago

I’m just southwest of Cleveland. Been here for a while, work related... I actually work all around northern Ohio, honestly from about Columbus upwards... Miss my home in Kentucky

It really is a dicey situation for nascar. With the evacuation tomorrow, I don’t recall them being pressed like this to get a race in. Imagining it could be a deal where these cars are loaded up and they all return another time.

Would they keep the same stating order? I mean hell, teams could overhaul the entire cars by the time they showed up in a situation like that...

Folks, we are about ready to go racin:pbjtime:

Back
Top Bottom