2019 IndyCar Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Open Wheel Racing' started by Charlie Spencer, Dec 5, 2018.

1. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

2. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Called it:
    [​IMG]

FLRacingFan likes this.
  3. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

"A couple" would line up with what Pruett mentioned on one of his podcasts back in January - that IndyCar would be meeting with a pair of OEMs currently in the IMSA paddock at the Rolex late that month. More specifically, this would narrow down one of those to Audi/Porsche/BMW/VW/Mercedes. The third OEM chase has been a bit of a meme for several years now, but with the new engine debuting in 2021 there's probably no better time to join than then.

gnomesayin and Kiante like this.
  4. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Kiante likes this.
  5. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Other than the teams involved, does anyone care what order the last three start in?

6. Charlie Spencer

VeeDub could stand to have something distract the world from its diesel FUBAR.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  7. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Well, they wouldn't be doing it if they only expected 33 cars to show up. They already have 33 confirmed entries, and are expecting 36-38 - so 6-8 competing in the Shootout for those final three spots. Probably on the lower end of that.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  8. Charlie Spencer

I hear ya, but it's not like Penske, Ganassi, or anyone competitive will be back there. An episode like Hinch had last year doesn't happen often enough to attract my attention. Just me.

9. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I think most of who you expect to be back there certainly will be, but with a surprise or two. The last year they had real bumping (2011) before Hinch missed out a pair of Andretti cars missed the race and they wound up buying out another ride for RHR to be in the show. Even last year Sato and Rahal were cutting it pretty close.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  10. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

11. Thank god I’m going to be there so I don’t have to listen to her

LewTheShoe likes this.
  12. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Eh. If it attracts more casuals to take a look, cool. I wouldn't expect her to be a good broadcaster, but I could envision her having less of a filter and willing to be frank.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I like this one the best :D She did an ok job co announcing an Xfinity race

Kiante and gnomesayin like this.
  14. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I feel like we are going to feel some animosity or saltiness during the broadcast.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

she will bring more views and that is the bottom line.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  16. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Her and Marco would be a dream team then. Not to mention some jabs from PT.:D

17. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

18. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

The more TV time Danica and Dale Jr. take away from Paul Tracy in May, the better - IMO. :)

19. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

A shame for Pato, but Mexican sponsors are wasting money on Celis and Gutierrez (lesser extent) and Pato has proven himself to be a winner. There are so many sponsors in Mexico and a company like Tecate is missing out on this young man. Tecate is like the Budweiser of Mexican beers... Also, it could help the attendance of the USGP and Mexican GPs.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  20. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Someone said during one of the practices yesterday that he's talked with Slim, and while nothing is available right now he's keeping an eye on him. If he puts together a good string of performances it's possible they could make something happen.

I'm at least glad he has the budget for the dozen or so races he does have. Carlin said if he does wind up finding more they're able to run a third car for him at the races where Kimball is in.

I forgot Esteban got a Mercedes test role and Celis in Indy Lights last year...just oof lol.