2019 Las Vegas -- Pennzoil 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

it looks like it takes a least four cars in a draft to go fast,qualifying is going to me crazy.

So far all 3 series are basically running same lap times.

This is exactly what nascar wanted when they came up with knockout quals.

Its a show. Not a race.
I didn't have a problem with knock out Q before this session. This business of sitting around waiting on someone else to man up is bullsh!t. I'm definitely not blaming the teams; these are the conditions they've been handed.

I think the next step when this crazy chaotic show becomes old hat in two months is to have half the drivers find out halfway through each session that they've been qualifying for another driver. They then can cut deals or sabotage each other. You gotta see this!

Marketing a “voluntary cluster” in the premier racing series in America with a positive twist is pathetic.
I don't think he was being positive. Is there refer to something as a cluster in a positive way?

I SWITCHED FROM JEOPARDY FOR THAT?

I like how Mike Joy announced that Bowman did not qualify for a second lap and then yelled Bowman’s name like he qualified P2.

The geriatric mess in the booth doesn’t make this any more appealing.

It was bad before when the fastest car sometimes didnt get the pole but with this format the fastest car will never get the pole, its who got the best draft for a single lap. Literally the antithesis of “qualifying”. Might as well change the name to “lineup lottery”.

It’s so obvious that the drivers hate this package, but have been put on notice to not say it. This is a joke, not qualifying. I hope the racing is better, but I’m not holding my breath.

On a side note, why does NASCAR have a different timing and scoring than what is available to teams and broadcasters? The 88 and 9 easily beat the timer on tv...

It was bad before when the fastest car sometimes didnt get the pole but with this format the fastest car will never get the pole, its who got the best draft for a single lap. Literally the antithesis of “qualifying”. Mights as well change the name to “lottery”.
More and more lottery every year in NASCAR.

I don't think he was being positive. Is there refer to something as a cluster in a positive way?

I SWITCHED FROM JEOPARDY FOR THAT?
I assure you that the nascar media will replay and review that chickencrap off pitroad over and over until Sunday and call it “the most exciting qualifying in years, or ever!”

Last edited:
Wait wtf just happened? It was Bowman and Elliott on the front row before the commercial lol. Did they not get back to the line in time?

Yeah it was weird but it's the strategy..

New rule announcement Tuesday - "Cars must immediately go on the track at the beginning of all qualifying sessions. Any car who has not started a lap within 30 seconds of the start of round will have their time for that round disallowed."

Wait wtf just happened? It was Bowman and Elliott on the front row before the commercial lol. Did they not get back to the line in time?
NASCAR claimed they didn’t make it back to line in time for 2nd lap to count. NASCAR is now 3 for 3 with screwing Chase on a scoring call this year.

Back
Top Bottom