2020 Auto Club 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Now that the deadlines have passed for fantasy teams, Johnson and Bowman's 10- and 15-lap averages don't indicate they'll be up front for the long haul.
With the weather change I don't put a lot into what went on in practice or qualifying.
t

With the weather change I don't put a lot into what went on in practice or qualifying.
t
I think it will help the jack rabbits in the front for the first stage is my wild guess anyway. With the impound, they can't wrench on the cars and have to run qualifying trim until the first yellow.

If I wanted to hear a kid over-sing the anthem, I'd have waited for Bristol.

EDIT - It just keeps getting worse. I suspect some adult 'coached' her performance.

How about little Malea Emma

Reactions: Pat
If I wanted to hear a kid over-sing the anthem, I'd have waited for Bristol.

EDIT - It just keeps getting worse. I suspect some adult 'coached' her performance.

I liked it. She did over sing it, I would have enjoyed it more if she had just followed the notes. Her pipes are good enough to deliver without going over the top.

Still the same she is only 8 years old, I enjoyed it.

I liked it. She did over sing it, I would have enjoyed it more if she had just followed the notes. Her pipes are good enough to deliver without going over the top.

Still the same she is only 8 years old, I enjoyed it.
Same.. I'm never a fan of people trying to customize the anthem but she's got a hell of a set of pipes on her

Sorry, this rendition wasn't to my tastes. I acknowledge that most of my problem is with the 'interpretation', which probably wasn't her fault. But she seemed to be running out of steam during 'land ... of ... the ... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'.

Just me, I guess.

Are we to conclude that whatever NASCAR made Toyota change on those front fenders made a pretty darn big difference? Maybe those Toyota engineers are as much smarter than the Chevy engineers as Rev would have us believe. :)

No. Toyota is as fast as they ever were. I am sure they made some gains in the offseason, but Chevy is Chevying as I predicted and Mr. Kyle Busch confirmed via Twitter. The Bondo is an attempt to get what Chevy was given. NASCAR isn't having it as I predicted as well. WE will find another area to work in, and be a factor, but it might take a bit of time. I am good with it. I love this stuff. Chevy engineers suck....that is why they had to start over. Inexcusable.

iu

No. Toyota is as fast as they ever were. I am sure they made some gains in the offseason, but Chevy is Chevying as I predicted and Mr. Kyle Busch confirmed via Twitter. The Bondo is an attempt to get what Chevy was given. NASCAR isn't having it as I predicted as well. WE will find another area to work in, and be a factor, but it might take a bit of time. I am good with it. I love this stuff. Chevy engineers suck....that is why they had to start over. Inexcusable.

But when they DID start over, they came up with a better piece than the Toyota, right? ;)

But when they DID start over, they came up with a better piece than the Toyota, right? ;)

If they didn't, Chevy is scary bad. You know how this sport evolves. I never liked the Toyota dominance. That is not my thing. I like hunting instead of being the hunted. It is on now. Love it. I've got three Toyotas in the Top 10 last weekend when nobody is happy with the car. WE are not that far off, and part of my rush of this sport is to sit back, and watch them get it back. Love this. Flew over 335 Baker in Costa Mesa yesterday on the way home (TRD Headquarters), and I didn't see any lights flashing nor did I hear sirens blaring. It is all going to be okay. ;)

I may be wrong, and I am sure if I am I will be corrected but did Toyota not re-do there nose/front end twice in the last few years

3 times in four years. terrible engineering right?

Yeah, how were they doing when they did that? I will give you all the time you need to Google it. Now, how was Chevy doing when they had to create a car based on the legendary Camaro LT1 M-O-U-S-E or whatever? Kind of a different deal, don't you think?

I may be wrong, and I am sure if I am I will be corrected but did Toyota not re-do there nose/front end twice in the last few years

Consistent with the street Camry....and in fact, introduced early to promote the new model.....Stock. Car. Racing.

Back
Top Bottom