2020 Auto Club 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Time for round two of the west coast swing at Fontana!
B11C2A2EE7BB49A697B00A089B15E050.ashx

Sunday March 1 - 3:30 PM EST (FOX/MRN/Sirius XM)
200 Laps (60-60-80)

Saturday February 29
2:35 PM - Cup Qualifying
4:00 PM - Xfinity Race (FS1)
Full weekend schedule : https://www.jayski.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2020/02/16/AutoClub.pdf

I'm really looking forward to this race and the hauler parade. I sure hope the bad luck that was cast up on HMS at Vegas is gone this weekend.

Looking forward to the racing.
Especially looking forward to tailgate time with the crew.
Two newbies gonna be with us on Sunday.

Just an anecdote but it seems to be more common lately for newbies to get interested.

Kiante reads post / Tweet on his phone.

Luuuurves it.
Absolutely.

I love the tribute(s) that are going to be given and donating money to the charities (Mamba and Mambacita) is wonderful. Not going to lie, I might get a little emotional Sunday before the race.

To see it on Byron's car as well. To think the similarities between Jeff Gordon and Kobe Bryant is quite incredible. Both were probably the most influential athletes of their respected generations each. Two different entities, but so similar at the same time.

In short, I'm loving this.

Gotta be kidding me, I checked yesterday and it was only cloudy temp drop 0%.
2020-02-25 05.30.35.png

Hate to see this. One of my all time LEAST FAVORITE professional athletes. A huge talent and I'm sorry that he is deceased, but that doesn't mean I want his name associated in any way with a race car or team that I am a fan of.
Perfect opportunity for a couple of Chad Tweaks.

Hate to see this. One of my all time LEAST FAVORITE professional athletes. A huge talent and I'm sorry that he is deceased, but that doesn't mean I want his name associated in any way with a race car or team that I am a fan of.
I’m indifferent. I didn’t wish anyone dead in a crash but I know nothing about him other than he played basketball. Without the media reminders, I couldn’t have told you what team. Apparently he meant more to other people.

I’m indifferent. I didn’t wish anyone dead in a crash but I know nothing about him other than he played basketball. Without the media reminders, I couldn’t have told you what team. Apparently he meant more to other people.

If Axalta and HMS REALLY felt the need to honor a dead athlete, John Andretti would have been a FAR better (and relevant) choice.

Back
Top Bottom