2020 Daytona 500 Pre-Race Thread

It's always funny to see the anti-Trumpers complain about making things too political then having a complete meltdown because the guy is going to say four words. Grow up already.
Exactly, I don't understand why we can't just enjoy the humble sacrifices this altruistic man is making for the greater good.

This years rookie class is quite an influx of raw talent, yeah, it will take awhile to recoup the loss of so many great ones that retired recently, but I think this year they will make their presence known
The amount of raw talent these younger racers have is Impressive. Filling some big shoes will be interesting to watch.

Yeah, 2006 is going to be pretty hard to beat. They're up to what, the mid 80s in wins?
Not quite that many, but not far off. That year’s rookie class of Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Jr., and Clint Bowyer have 73 Cup wins between them.

Not quite that many, but not far off. That year’s rookie class of Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex, Jr., and Clint Bowyer have 73 Cup wins between them.

They'll probably get to the 90s when it's all said and done.

In 2001 I could not stand Chirs Myers, in 2020, I am happy that FOX Sports brought him back for the 500, I cracked up when he talked some **** to Mikey and then followed it up with " kid cuz we care"

It's always funny to see the anti-Trumpers complain about making things too political then having a complete meltdown because the guy is going to say four words. Grow up already.

Somehow I have the feeling that he's going to say significantly more than just four words.

Should be interesting.

In 2001 I could not stand Chirs Myers, in 2020, I am happy that FOX Sports brought him back for the 500, I cracked up when he talked some **** to Mikey and then followed it up with " kid cuz we care"
You mentioned the one thing I dislike the most about Myers - that 'We kid because we care" nonsense. If you have to tell someone you're just yanking his chain, your relationship isn't strong enough to be yanking it. As often as he has to explain why he's kidding, maybe he should stop.

I have no problem with him in a play-by-play role.

This years rookie class is quite an influx of raw talent, yeah, it will take awhile to recoup the loss of so many great ones that retired recently, but I think this year they will make their presence known
Did I hear wrong or did they say Alex Bowman has been on the front row 3 years in a row?

Was the Datsun a dirty orange color?
Screenshot_20200216-141937_Chrome.jpg

You mentioned the one thing I dislike the most about Myers - that 'We kid because we care" nonsense. If you have to tell someone you're just yanking his chain, your relationship isn't strong enough to be yanking it. As often as he has to explain why he's kidding, maybe he should stop.

I have no problem with him in a play-by-play role.
He probably emphasizes the kidding part so that some fans don't take it the wrong way...you have been around this game long enough to know how something so innocent can grow long legs and run amuck very fast with social media right at their finger tips.

no man, Bell for unapproved adjustments, and Hamlin for rear tow being out.

And the 9/24/88 all failed ( one time), them damn cheatin chebbys, I can the play game too :D;):p

Back
Top Bottom