2020 GEICO 500 Pre-Race Thread

Put 30 minutes on the clock, just had lighting strike

1592772995793.png

More rain coming from the West.

NASCAR on the radio said track has been lost.

So, some of the Titans need to be refueled but can't get refueled because of the lighting strike hold.

NASCAR on the radio said track has been lost.

So, some of the Titans need to be refueled but can't get refueled because of the lighting strike hold.

I've wondered how many RPM those engines spin to generate the air pressure necessary. I can't imagine the size of the squirrel cage blower attached.

And there's the call, noon/3 tomorrow.

The forecast shows rain Monday also, but not as much as Tuesday. But, it also only showed 10% for today and we see how that worked out for us. ;)

Seriously, blame the networks

Because network executives are too ****** braindead to figure out that it rains in the Southern US in the summer in the late afternoon

That clown fiesta in Homestead last week was proof. It does that everday in the late afternoon during the summer in South Florida.. I'm from South Florida, I should know..

Yet the executives forced NASCAR to start Homestead in the late afternoon.. Because rAtinGs, even though ratings are becoming more and more meaningless as streaming takes over

Seriously, blame the networks

Because network executives are too ****** braindead to figure out that it rains in the Southern US in the summer in the late afternoon

That clown fiesta in Homestead last week was proof. It does that everday in the late afternoon during the summer in South Florida.. I'm from South Florida, I should know..

Yet the executives forced NASCAR to start Homestead in the late afternoon.. Because rAtinGs, even though ratings are becoming more and more meaningless as streaming takes over

Idk who to blame but it's pissing me off. Massive waste of my time.

There is a 47%+ chance of rain after 2:00pm. Before that? Less than 8%.

A 10am start time would be ideal. But we all know NASCAR and their infinite wisdom.
You want to talk to the TV networks?

Fox and Comcast (NBC) want this, NASCAR hands are tied at this point. It would be great, but the broadcasters are paying a lot of money for all audiences to see these races.

You want to talk to the TV networks?

Fox and Comcast (NBC) want this, NASCAR hands are tied at this point. It would be great, but the broadcasters are paying a lot of money for all audiences to see these races.
NASCAR signed the contract. Stop with the networks BS.

Racing is an outdoor sport and I knew what to expect going in... but if I thought for 1 minute I couldn't handle weather delays, postponements, and cancellations without freaking me out every weekend then I would definitely have looked for an indoor sport to entertain myself. I'm sure glad it doesn't and I can still enjoy racing at it's finest.:punkrocke

It's money at the end of the day
Money > product. At no point has that strategy worked in the history of business.

Stop with the start time bellyaching? About a decade ago NASCAR decided it wanted to appease fans “in the west” by starting later in the afternoon, which is laughable because Cali is a huge NFL market and they prefer their games at 10:00am so they have an afternoon to utilize. I know this from personal experience and you can even ask our resident west coasters about their time preferences.

It’s been a immense turn off for fans for quite some time but you know NASCAR and their infinite wisdom.

Money > product. At no point has that strategy worked in the history of business.

Stop with the start time bellyaching? About a decade ago NASCAR decided it wanted to appease fans “in the west” by starting later in the afternoon, which is laughable because Cali is a huge NFL market and they prefer their games at 10:00am so they have an afternoon to utilize. I know this from personal experience and you can even ask our resident west coasters about their time preferences.

I’m in Hawaii where races often start at 9am and I’m free to enjoy the rest of the day by noon 1pm. I like it this way. Earlier wouldn’t be bad too.

even though ratings are becoming more and more meaningless as streaming takes over
You piqued my interest with your last point here, I dont think we will get the start times that some request or desire for these type of weather deals until streaming is the defacto option for broadcasting races. I do hope in the next network deals that NASCAR signs with whoever, some thought to even more streaming options will be considered. It will be interesting to see the next evolution of broadcasting races, I really had hoped they would consider a WWE network model...... Vince McMahon was a visionary in that regard ( I wish I was back in college and do a paper on WWE Network, Vince was the first one to have his product on a streaming model. Beat the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL and racing. That really interests the hell out of me, I have so many questions on the how and why's). Really rooting for NASCAR to perfect that model or come out with something that we havent even thought of that could be a slam dunk.

Back
Top Bottom