2020 IndyCar Miscellaneous

I’d rather drink bleach than have three races in one year on the Indy GP layout. I can’t imagine what a clunker a Friday late afternoon race will be in the ratings department either. They’re all convenient though. I don’t think additional travel and burdening Firestone with bringing tires to an unknown track was ever in play, despite how interesting it could’ve been.

It seems a little important Laguna Seca released a statement about extending their contract and returning while PIR didn’t.

I’d rather drink bleach than have three races in one year on the Indy GP layout. I can’t imagine what a clunker a Friday late afternoon race will be in the ratings department either. They’re all convenient though. I don’t think additional travel and burdening Firestone with bringing tires to an unknown track was ever in play, despite how interesting it could’ve been.

It seems a little important Laguna Seca released a statement about extending their contract and returning while PIR didn’t.
Yeah, I put wow as a reaction due to me seeing the IMS road course three times.

Roger is trying to get as much TV money for IMS as he can possibly attain. I'm not mad at him for it, he put in a lot of money in improving IMS. Also, drinking bleach? Let's not be that extreme now...lol.

Awesome. Great news we get two Gateway races. Those are always barn burners.

Less excited about Mid Ohio because we still don't have enough ovals. I would have much rather seen them do doubles at Phoenix or Milwaukee.

Still, I always enjoy Mid O, but these cars are really at their best on ovals.

Should of went to Pocono

Ayo wtf, I just realized there is nothing going on in September.

EDIT: LeMans is in September, that makes sense.

It’s cheaper for everyone involved. If they went anywhere else it’d have to be a track rental, which they already did at Iowa in addition to taking a haircut on the sanctioning fee at Texas since they couldn’t have fans. Penske might have to buy Iowa just to keep it afloat. The Mid-Ohio promoter is the same group that promotes the Portland race so that was convenient too.

Don’t think they would’ve gone to any Superspeedway without having done tire testing with the aero screen either.

Paid for my reserved seats and paddock passes at Portland sometime last year. Somebody is making some interest on all that money for another year I guess. Really sucks missing this race but I wasn't surprised.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about my Roval tickets in October.

Paid for my reserved seats and paddock passes at Portland sometime last year. Somebody is making some interest on all that money for another year I guess. Really sucks missing this race but I wasn't surprised.
It could be a while before you hear something from the promoters. It’s the same group that runs St. Pete and there wasn’t anything communicated for that race until May. Granted, that was rescheduled instead of cancelled so there was more to sort out.

Burned through five sets of tires and totaled about 125 laps with only a couple of harmless spins. Good reviews from Mike Hull and Scott Dixon.

This was unexpected, to say the least. What a grab for ECR. Stunning.

A third engineer for ECR?

There has to smoke to the fire here. If, Jimmie gets a seat with a team like ECR. That could result in a lot of much needed attention for them. Even on a part-time basis, it would be pretty cool to see.

Anyone know what network will carry the Mid Ohio races? I'll be tied up Sat and Sun and want to set my DVR. At the moment, TVRacer.com shows 'TBA'.

Anyone know what network will carry the Mid Ohio races? I'll be tied up Sat and Sun and want to set my DVR. At the moment, TVRacer.com shows 'TBA'.
The Sunday race will probably be on NBCSN before the Cup race. Nothing is set yet though; none of the NHL playoff games for that weekend have been locked in for TV as a number of them are potential Game 5s that may or may not be needed. It might not be until sometime next week we get TV assignments.

The Sunday race will probably be on NBCSN before the Cup race. Nothing is set yet though; none of the NHL playoff games for that weekend have been locked in for TV as a number of them are potential Game 5s that may or may not be needed. It might not be until sometime next week we get TV assignments.
Oh, they're NEXT week. Never mind. :blink:

2 or 3 weeks from now, the schedule is unlikely to exist at all.

Just my opinion, of course.

We'll lose a day. Not so bad considering how much of everything else we've lost this year.

At least we're going to have an Indy 500. Well, I think anyway. Everything is changing so fast who the hell know what next week will bring?

Empty stands haven't decreased my enjoyment of the racing this year so far. I suspect that won't change.

However, if you've ever been there, you've seen and felt the buzz around that place, and even on TV I think that's going to be kind of weird.

Back
Top Bottom