2020 Pennzoil 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
The West Coast Swing starts this week as we head to Las Vegas, with all 3 series running again this week.
Las-Vegas-Motor-Speedway-ferris-wheel.jpg

Sunday, February 23
3:30 PM EST (FOX/PRN/Sirius XM)
267 Laps (80-80-117)

Friday
Truck Race - 9:00 PM EST (FS1)
Saturday
Cup Qualifying - 2:30 PM EST (FS1)
Xfinity Race - 4:00 PM EST (FS1)
Rest of on-track schedule : https://www.jayski.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2020/02/12/Las-Vegas1.pdf

And even after last nights scary wreck, the show goes on.....still hope when the 21 redo of the schedule happens they consider sticking Miami after Daytona and then maybe an Atlanta or Richmond race before the west coast swing. I couldn’t imagine being a crew guy, hauler driver or member of the Fox crew and having to head out after the rain delayed race yesterday. Talk about jumping headfirst into the 2020 season. Schedule sure is chaotic at times

And even after last nights scary wreck, the show goes on.....still hope when the 21 redo of the schedule happens they consider sticking Miami after Daytona and then maybe an Atlanta or Richmond race before the west coast swing. I couldn’t imagine being a crew guy, hauler driver or member of the Fox crew and having to head out after the rain delayed race yesterday. Talk about jumping headfirst into the 2020 season. Schedule sure is chaotic at times
Daytona, Homestead, Charlotte, Richmond, Atlanta would be a good first 5 races.

Daytona, Homestead, Charlotte, Richmond, Atlanta would be a good first 5 races.
Not sure they’d move the Coca Cola 600 off the Memorial Day date or the Roval off it’s playoff date, but you have the right reasoning I think. Start close to home then work out would be my suggestion but I’m just a fan.

Yep, the tight schedules can make the logistics a pretty tough deal at times. I was in charge of making sure the race cars and all of the parts needed to race were at each race track during the season. With the number of back to back races it could really make it tough especially when you had a rain delay or a rainout and had to go back at a later date. Plus you have to schedule regular maintenance on the hauler and if their is a breakdown you need to make the decision if it can get fixed in time or rent another truck. It is not so bad if the truck breaks down but it is a whole different problem if the trailer has problems. NASCAR, NHRA, and Monster Supercross have a lot of back to back races.

for years Rockingham was the second race of the season as well as Richmond.
I spent many a cold February weekend at 'Rainingham'. Why not run in the west while the weather out there is better? Maybe not consecutive weekends, but on alternating ones.

It is going to be interesting because the teams have had another year to science out this latest rendition of a Nascar. My largest question is are they going to keep the extra horsepower they had a Daytona. The practice times will tell if they don't decide to let the public know.

Love that shot of Harvick in the Jimmy John's car leading the pack. Hoping he runs that scheme more, I've always associated him with black, white and red.

So excited. Chevies were strong, Jimmie had arguably the best Chevy yesterday and had a car capable of winning. I fully expect to see Jimmie back in 2014-2015 form this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So excited. Chevies were strong, Jimmie had arguably the best Chevy yesterday and had a car capable of winning. I fully expect to see Jimmie back in 2014-2015 form this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maybe he's gotten a big mental weight off his mind. In think his slump is all mental.

Yep, the tight schedules can make the logistics a pretty tough deal at times. I was in charge of making sure the race cars and all of the parts needed to race were at each race track during the season. With the number of back to back races it could really make it tough especially when you had a rain delay or a rainout and had to go back at a later date. Plus you have to schedule regular maintenance on the hauler and if their is a breakdown you need to make the decision if it can get fixed in time or rent another truck. It is not so bad if the truck breaks down but it is a whole different problem if the trailer has problems. NASCAR, NHRA, and Monster Supercross have a lot of back to back races.

yo @Nitro Dude

I'm sure this question has been asked before but . . . .

When the Cup schedule calls for three consecutive races in the southwestern United States, do the teams head back east to their shops between each race ?

Hmmm. Is it true that Regan is retiring primarily to spend more time with family? Because otherwise I think he's the hands down obvious choice for the 6.

yo @Nitro Dude

I'm sure this question has been asked before but . . . .

When the Cup schedule calls for three consecutive races in the southwestern United States, do the teams head back east to their shops between each race ?
I know am not him, but I can answer this, all the big teams have swap out haulers that do the traveling back and fourth,the haulers go from track to track, most of them can hold between 4 and 5 cars, JGR/HMS holds 4 cars each, plus that tracks parts carts , here are some pics from the last couple of years.

The small teams will rotate the primary/back up cars for the races, I know the #32 did that last year.
The JGR pics are from a local airport here a few years back doing the swap out
p8l5EG9.jpg

iSDtW0Q.jpg

cRyMvgZ.jpg

gKxxQRG.jpg

Some of HMS swap out haulers
TM3tZ95.jpg

r58uFiP.jpg

I know am not him, but I can answer this, all the big teams have swap out haulers that do the traveling back and fourth,the haulers go from track to track, most of them can hold between 4 and 5 cars, JGR/HMS holds 4 cars each, plus that tracks parts carts , here are some pics from the last couple of years.

The small teams will rotate the primary/back up cars for the races, I know the #32 did that last year.
The JGR pics are from a local airport here a few years back doing the swap out
p8l5EG9.jpg

iSDtW0Q.jpg

cRyMvgZ.jpg

gKxxQRG.jpg

Some of HMS swap out haulers
TM3tZ95.jpg

r58uFiP.jpg

Thanks a bunch.

Great pictures !

Thanks a bunch.

Great pictures !
He was spot on. I know they do that when they go to the West Coast but when they are in the Midwest and the east coast they go back to the shop. I know that Harvicks hauler drivers run solo to some of the races so each one can have some home time. I know they do a solo to Talladega because the hauler pulled in to fuel next to me at the Loves travel Plaza at the NC/SC state line last year and we were chatting for a while. I was going from our Charlotte race to our Atlanta race and he was heading from Talladega to their shop.

Pretty surprised Premium isn't fielding the 27 for Ross since Jay likes him in the seat

Also wonder how much of a discount Toyota Certified Vehicles is getting on the 96

Pretty surprised Premium isn't fielding the 27 for Ross since Jay likes him in the seat

Also wonder how much of a discount Toyota Certified Vehicles is getting on the 96
Maybe it's because he has other opportunities (6 car):D

Wishful thinking.

We all know REAL MEN drive go karts on quarter milers.
I'm tired of the "pLaTe RaCiNg Is BaD" takes, its annoying. Some things about the superspeedways package need to change? Absolutely, I agree with that, but eradicating something that already has a minute footprint in the mist of it all is uneccessary.

Back
Top Bottom