2020 Pennzoil 400 - Pre-Race Thread

He was spot on. I know they do that when they go to the West Coast but when they are in the Midwest and the east coast they go back to the shop. I know that Harvicks hauler drivers run solo to some of the races so each one can have some home time. I know they do a solo to Talladega because the hauler pulled in to fuel next to me at the Loves travel Plaza at the NC/SC state line last year and we were chatting for a while. I was going from our Charlotte race to our Atlanta race and he was heading from Talladega to their shop.

Maybe kind of a strange off topic question but did electronic logs change much of anything for you hauler drivers? Last year I noticed hauler rigs for some of the smaller Xfinity teams that looked like older e-log exempt rigs running south on 81 after the Watkins Glen race. Just off the top of my head you couldn't have just a solo driver running electronic logs from Chicago to Mooresville anymore - not driving straight thru they couldn't.

I'm sure there are other tracks like that which could easily be driven by a solo driver but not anymore due to the regulation. It's a ridiculous reg I ended up selling my perfectly good truck I'd had for 10 years in order to get an older exempt one so I didn't have to beat a clock all the time. Probably not a big deal for these race teams to put another driver in the cab but that's not an option for me!

I know am not him, but I can answer this, all the big teams have swap out haulers that do the traveling back and fourth,the haulers go from track to track, most of them can hold between 4 and 5 cars, JGR/HMS holds 4 cars each, plus that tracks parts carts , here are some pics from the last couple of years.

The small teams will rotate the primary/back up cars for the races, I know the #32 did that last year.
The JGR pics are from a local airport here a few years back doing the swap out
p8l5EG9.jpg

iSDtW0Q.jpg

cRyMvgZ.jpg

gKxxQRG.jpg

Some of HMS swap out haulers
TM3tZ95.jpg

r58uFiP.jpg

Kewl beans. The pictures are great

(creative writing)

Ah ya drama queens.......Gotta do something to keep up with the new Chevy. You haven't been paying attention.....practice and qualifying was crap all year last year for US.....a little BONDO, same kind of speeds, and you guys have it all figured out. Big deal.

They caught Timmy Hill's Xfinity car with a dab of Bondo and they fined and de pointed the heck out of that team. They catch Preacher Joe and the Bondo boys and they get a slap on the hands. Wooo a whole 15 minute penalty.

Damn rain. Watching yesterday's practice.

183 on the front stretch, 175 in the corners lol that's such a joke. Cup drivers should have cars that take more skill to be great in. Remember when worn tires would make the fastest cars here use the brakes in the corners at speeds around 140?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They caught Timmy Hill's Xfinity car with a dab of Bondo and they fined and de pointed the heck out of that team. They catch Preacher Joe and the Bondo boys and they get a slap on the hands. Wooo a whole 15 minute penalty.
The composite bodies in the Xfinity Series are not supposed to be altered. Even a little bondo will get the book thrown at a team.

Not to mention, Carl Long is a long time whipping boy in NASCAR. So, it made it that much easier to make an example out of him to teams who were thinking about messing with the body.

The composite bodies in the Xfinity Series are not supposed to be altered. Even a little bondo will get the book thrown at a team.

Not to mention, Carl Long is a long time whipping boy in NASCAR. So, it made it that much easier to make an example out of him to teams who were thinking about messing with the body.
Neither are the cup cars bodies supposed to be altered. Composite or not. The rules have changed, it was no bondo hood and trunk for cup not so now.

All of the Gibbs cars are starting in the rear

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Only because of getting caught Nascar dot com has kyle starting on pole based on last years points. Why do they do the xfinity series different

Only because of getting caught Nascar dot com has kyle starting on pole based on last years points. Why do they do the xfinity series different
It goes by owner points and not drivers...RCR reddick won the Xfinity series. Snider is in a RCR car. BTW he's starting in back because he is in a backup.

It goes by owner points and not drivers...RCR reddick won the Xfinity series. Snider is in a RCR car. BTW he's starting in back because he is in a backup.

Thank you, I could not figure it out. Greatly appreciated. Thought it was by driver. Does the owner get to choose who gets the spot?

Thank you, I could not figure it out. Greatly appreciated. Thought it was by driver. Does the owner get to choose who gets the spot?
I think so. Reddicks number was 2, so the points were transferred to the 21..and the 21 car BTW has multiple drivers this year.

Time to trot out preacher Joe. "Oh, we didn't know completely reshaping the left front fender would be a problem".

Better than Rodney spewing the "no performance advantage" crap with which he slaps the most casual observer. Hell, WE have to do something to keep up, Chevy reshaped the whole ****** car.

No, each car has their own owners points from 2019. Goes by that.

I was talking about the Cup lineup, he said did the owner get to pick who starts where I assumed he meant the starting lineup and that goes by points to the car.
Owner points are transferable. In his case he was wondering how come Snyder in the RCR 21 was on the pole. As seen below RCR#2 transferred to the 21
upload_2020-2-22_20-23-11.png

Owner points are transferable. In his case he was wondering how come Snyder in the RCR 21 was on the pole. As seen below RCR#2 transferred to the 21
View attachment 45575
OK, I thought he meant for who started where in qualifying, Owners points have to be declared before the season starts. I dont know, I just made my own head hurt. ;)

Back
Top Bottom