2021 Camping World Truck Series

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to watch this. Between the last few years of Eldora and this spring's Bristol weekend, I don't know if dirt is my thing.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to watch this. Between the last few years of Eldora and this spring's Bristol weekend, I don't know if dirt is my thing.
I wouldn't advise it. It's plate racing. The motors have plates as you call them, and are all made from the same manufacturer. There is going to be pack racing, casual fans, the whole works.

Unfortunately thunderstorms, possibly severe, are in the forecast for Knoxville and the surrounding region tomorrow evening. Hopefully they don't come to pass.

Only caught a few minutes of practice but saw several guys trying to knock the wall down. Looks like that SRX outing might help Deegan.

Track got faster and wider as they went on. Nemo, Gilliland, Creed and others had damage. All and all there were a bunch who look real competitive. This could be the best Truck race on dirt so far if the weather cooperates.

1625790694519.png

Track got faster and wider as they went on. Nemo, Gilliland, Creed and others had damage. All and all there were a bunch who look real competitive. This could be the best Truck race on dirt so far if the weather cooperates.

View attachment 56333
Sprint car guys faster then the late model guy

Listening to the in car camera during practice it sounds like they’re running New Hampshire to be honest

View attachment 56333
I think these speeds are going to create a lot of beating and banging. The dirt track regulars must feel like they are crawling on their hands and knees. To put their speed in perspective most any sprint car would lap a truck in less than 3 laps.

I think these speeds are going to create a lot of beating and banging. The dirt track regulars must feel like they are crawling on their hands and knees. To put their speed in perspective most any sprint car would lap a truck in less than 3 laps.
While I like sprints as much as anything, speed is not always relative to a good show. I've been to many tracks where the street stocks had the best racing of the night. I used to go to Hickory a lot years ago and often the mini stocks were the best race there.

The afternoon storms tracked to the north and mostly missed Knoxville, and it's looking clear until more storms possible from 7:00 PM onward. Hopefully they fall apart as well.

While I like sprints as much as anything, speed is not always relative to a good show. I've been to many tracks where the street stocks had the best racing of the night. I used to go to Hickory a lot years ago and often the mini stocks were the best race there.
I certainly wouldn't disagree with you on this. I have said before that I can enjoy a good race at the local amusement go kart track.

Back
Top Bottom