2021 Hungarian Grand Prix

Outstanding drive by Ocon, and good to see Vettel back on form.

Say what? Alpine CEO Thinks Esteban Ocon Might Not Be “World Champion Material” - YouTube It would be interesting to see what he thinks now.

I think Horner is going to be very quotable this weekend. What a disaster this weekend was.

You win 1 race due to crazy circumstances and you think he should change his stance on the comments? Lol

Ocon fully deserved this win. Led from start to finish. But when you size him up against the current top guys, no he’s not going to be winning a championship against the likes of Max, Leclerc, Russell, Sainz etc.

You win 1 race due to crazy circumstances and you think he should change his stance on the comments? Lol

Ocon fully deserved this win. Led from start to finish. But when you size him up against the current top guys, no he’s not going to be winning a championship against the likes of Max, Leclerc, Russell, Sainz etc.
Well, we don't know this.

Ocon was touted to be at Merc before Russell was mentioned. Ocon has never been a slouch, I think he could be an greater talent. Just the Alpine team, depending on how they get on in the future will be everything.

These regulation changes could change the field again like in 2014.

Bottas and Stroll hit with a 5 grid penalty.

Also confirmed Hamilton is ailing and his podium presser has been delayed.

His face looked swollen. We probably saw the best Hamilton on track today.
We always do when his back is against the wall. Red Bull ****ed up by stirring the sleeping giant. Hamilton was last at one point, but fought his way back until he got to Alonso. He finally got him, but without that who knows how far Hamilton would have gone. He couldn't win so instead of throwing it away, he took the points. Today's was a championship day for Lewis.

However, you are right. It looks like Lewis had nothing left. I've never seen him that physically shot after a race. Talk about giving everything!

I just wanted to know what he thinks now. The link was from a couple of days ago, so it's incredible how well timed this win was for Ocon.

Last edited:
Bottas and Stroll hit with a 5 grid penalty.

Also confirmed Hamilton is ailing and his podium presser has been delayed.
He looked wiped out when he got out of the car so I'm not real surprised. Can anyone ever remember Lewis being this physically worn down?

I'm a bit surprised Red Bull isn't putting up a stink. A Mercedes pretty much took out their whole team, and they would have a legitimate beef if they wanted to complain. Sure it was an accident, but that doesn't change the results.

Red Bull lost the lead in both the drivers and manufacturers championship. What a miserable weekend for them.

I'm a bit surprised Red Bull isn't putting up a stink. A Mercedes pretty much took out their whole team, and they would have a legitimate beef if they wanted to complain. Sure it was an accident, but that doesn't change the results.

Red Bull lost the lead in both the drivers and manufacturers championship. What a miserable weekend for them.

They dont have any legitimate beef. It was an accident. Stroll made an even bigger error on the same corner.

Whining some more makes Red Bull look even more foolish. I'm sure the FIA is also tire of Karen Horner at this point. He thinks they're entitled to the title. It's its left up to RB, 19 teams might as well not show up because they think they own the track.

hey would have a legitimate beef if they wanted to complain.

Imo, the one with a legitimate beef here is Mercedes and 17 other teams. They literally have 4 cars to sacrifice.

The way they used up Gasley's good run to benefit Max is questionable. You dont hear this much because these small feeder teams are kind of trash and never in contention but if you use them for the aim of interrupting a team to benefit you, well that's a problem.

They dont have any legitimate beef. It was an accident. Stroll made an even bigger error on the same corner.
Yeah, but it would be easy to raise a stink about it. That's where I was going with that.

Whining some more makes Red Bull look even more foolish. I'm sure the FIA is also tire of Karen Horner at this point. He thinks they're entitled to the title. It's its left up to RB, 19 teams might as well not show up because they think they own the track.
I know. Wait and see what Horner says. it will be a Karen moment.

Amazing the FIA doesn't have other things to worry about.

They could have turned the blind eye (like they do with dirty driving), but never underestimate the FIA's ability to be as petty as humanly possible.

The FIA is at the FIFA level of corrupt. They don’t care about driver’s feelings. They are lap dogs of these extreme countries they go to.

Every time we go to Russia I always remember those times Bernie Ecclesstone acted like a complete bitch in front of Putin.

What does Red Bull do now? They spent the last two weeks saying Hamilton was dirty, Merc was disrespectful, and blew their appeal. Are they going to start all over again with the same stuff? Will Jos fook smash Toto's door?

Botas took out the entire team, and while accidental, really has to have Horner steaming.

The telling part is Red Bull has been silent, so they either know they would look stupid crying about it, or they are waiting for the dust to settle a little before the trash talk machine is fired up? I mean, they have talked smack non stop for two weeks, then they lose their appeal, and now they get another B slapping? Man, they have to be fired up.

And everyone now has three weeks to stew about it. Bring on Spa!

Really felt for Hamilton on the podium. That guy is in good shape (I assume) and that was surprising to see. Hope he bounces back after some fluids and a little rest.

vettel and the williams may get dq for not having fuel for the test after the race

I thought they ran out? It’s ok if you do, no? I mean, what are you gonna do? It’s a race.

I also heard Ocon got summoned to the stewards.

I’m a little concerned about Mercedes driving like it’s Martinsville all the time
Except Silverstone was a racing incident and Max was driving like such a clown something bad was going to happen unless Hamilton sat behind him all race.

Now today, Different track, different Merc driver and different kind of accident. No one will even try to defend Botas on what he did today. Still, how many of these kind of accidents did Grosjean have and there were very few complaints?

Botas is normally pretty solid, and I think he owed him one anyway for when Max ran him off the road at full power on the fastest part of Monza a few years back. Revenge, maybe? Don't take a stupid shot. Measure it and make it count, kind of like today. Of course, that's just the conspiracy theorist in me. It was a stupid accident, but in the end it was just an accident.

Max pushed Botas off in the braking zone for the first chicane at Monza. They were doing 200mph there and Max took the line like Botas wasn't even there. Sure he got five seconds, but Max could have possibly killed him if the wheels intertangled. People forget about the past when analyzing accidents, not to mention most folks will just blame whomever isn't their favorite. The only fair thing to do is judge every accident like all the cars are yellow or something, and you can't tell who is who. However, having a history of dirty driving means you don't get the benefit of the doubt like I am giving Botas.

I'll tell you who I do like. Vettel makes a few mistakes, but he is always fair and clean. Lewis is sort of the same way, except he is far less compromising. I don't remember Kimi having a problem with anyone but Max and that might tell you something. Ocon has made a career out of racing cleanly, and his only problems were with Chico, and those were all Checo. Riccardo, which kind of goes without saying, but it's real. I really like Sainz, and it would be great for the sport to have a hot Latino conquistador up front. LeClerc is usually clean, but he has had moments where he was uncompromising too. At the rear, it's hard to tell because on TV we only see those guys when they are being lapped, but I think Russel might be good, and in time, Schumacher.

Bring on Spa.

Really felt for Hamilton on the podium. That guy is in good shape (I assume) and that was surprising to see. Hope he bounces back after some fluids and a little rest.
Lewis instagrammed a few photos of himself on a boat in a bathing suit. That dude is absolutely shredded. He's good a good workout program that would probably kill any of us.

So you not only have to have enough to finish the race, you have to manage your fuel to have enough left to test. I assume there's a rule against shutting down immediately after you cross the line, or coasting if you have a sufficient lead over the next guy back.

I'd mostly enjoyed that race until now. I understand rules are rules, but I don't have to like it.

It's a shame, but unless there is a demonstrable history of the rule not being used consistently, the rule is relatively clear and I don't have a problem with it being enforced today. Fuel consumption is managed and monitored by the teams for every second of every lap.

And what about Russell? He also stopped to what I assume was running out?

I hate these type of disqualifications.

Back
Top Bottom